Any guitar loopers into T5 (MIDI footswitch, extra software??)?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you upload the template somewhere, and I'll do the bit you've not done yet? ;)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I created a not so elegant solution to that last bit where I just created 8 more tracks and routed the other 8 into those. I'm going to post a new thread now and explain everything with the posted templates. Thanks for the help.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Sounds like you're on similar or the same lines as I was going to go down, once I rebuild my music lappy. Cheers
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Hi,
interesting post
I like to use the looper from guitar rig imo.

Beetween you can also the native tracktion feature=>comping
You just need to be in place in you're playing if you don't want spend editing cut time...

Hey Simon, I have Guitar Rig 5 Pro but never even knew it had a looper. I'll check it out. And your point about comping is good, I can try that, but it feels like I need a non-linear approach for looping. Something like Ableton Live or Mobius to complement Tracktion's linear timeline.

You can also use a real looper (jamman) and plug it to you're soundcard. it works great too ^^
Yep go to component ==>looper in guitar rig pro very fun to use and you can use it on live view it's good too.

I have the Ditto looper, very simple. But the (I assume common) limitation of hardware loopers is I can't get them to record into separate tracks in my DAW (without having to do a lot of mouse clicks, it kills the mood). Gonna check out Guitar Rig's looper now!

Hey man, thanks for turning me on to this. Guitar Rig's looper is actually pretty nice in its simplicity. I love that you can change the preset and use a different amp/effects as your earlier recorded loop keeps playing and I especially love that you can export the separate loops (layers) into separate files (this way, I could import them to Tracktion for further editing and mixing). I couldn't get it my Korg padKontrol to work with it but I'm sure I'll figure that out and when I do, this actually kind of takes care of all my looping needs more or less. I would probably not have tried to work out the T5+Mobius combination if I had noticed GR's looper to begin with (but it's good to have different options and it gave me a chance to go a tad deeper into T5).

For real hardware you don't need many click if you use comping from T5 but you 'll need éditing because all is saved the best way is to works with a soft looper in a daw so you just need to assign midi control to the loop button on the GR5 looper now :)
All that said it would be awesome to have a native looper on T5 for to buy on the marketplace ;)

Yeah, I feel really limited in linear DAWs like Tracktion when I want to work with loops. But I don't want to invest in a totally different DAW like Ableton Live either (too many resources required to make the switch). I'm happy with T5 in general (few glitches that I hope will be fixed in time). I know that you can just loop a clip but that kind of approach is not very useful if you want to do more on-the-fly looping. So, I agree... A looper plugin with a clean slick interface and a good balance between simplicity and powerfulness/flexibility would turn more people on to Tracktion and make us who already use Tracktion very happy.

I've done some looping plugin research and Mobius is good (but many people feel it's a bit too complicated). Apart from that, there doesn't seem to be many viable options for Windows.

I tried to download V2.0 of that from the same forum but it came in a format I couldn't open. Will look at V1.2, but Mobius seems to be pretty good and more than sufficiently powerful.

If you're on Windows it's just an exe and one .dll so just click on the exe i had fun with it yesterday :)

Return to “Tracktion”