Cherry Electric Bass position control?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there no way to specify that a note is to be played on a certain string? For example, playing the B on the 4th string vs. the 3rd string. There's quite a difference in sound between the two, and I'd figured it would be a standard feature of any bass VSTi at this point.

If you need fretting position control, you should check out our newer Evolution Electric Bass Rick sample library for Kontakt. Cherry Electric Bass doesn't have separately sampled strings, while EEB Rick does, which is what allows it to have the fretting position setting and being able to play the same note on different strings in general.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Guess I should have looked more closely at the Cherry specs. I was looking for a bass with picked articulation that wasn't the Rick as I already have the Scarbee Rick library. I saw your Rick library had string selection so I assumed the other bass did as well.

The Cherry sample songs sounded really good, and I love that it has all the articulations included so I picked it up. I've just gotten spoiled by having that extra bit of control over exact playing position.

Heheh, I know what you mean! I should go back and re-record the bass guitar used for Cherry Electric Bass (a Schecter Stiletto Elite) to use the same engine as EEB Rick.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

this would be awesome: are you seriously considering such an update?

Yes--I still use Cherry Electric Bass a TON. Personally, it and the Evolution Electric Bass - Rick sample library for Kontakt are my go-to libraries for bass. Having the same bass tone as Cherry Electric Bass but ported over to the engine used in the Rick would be fantastic. While I'd love to just sample the bass from scratch (and will hopefully do that eventually), I could probably get the existing samples to work in the new engine.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:I could probably get the existing samples to work in the new engine.
Hey Greg, even this step would be amazing!

Hey Greg since you're talking about re-sampling Cherry Bass, which is also my go to bass library, might I request an additional articulation to be recorded!?

Are you familiar with Fieldy of Korn? He uses a slap technique that differs greatly from traditional slap by alternating his thumb and his ring finger. It's a pretty sloppy technique overall, but since you already have the slaps with the thumb recorded, could you possibly add in slaps with the ring finger as an option? I don't think this technique could go beyond the 5th or 4th string, I imagine it'd be pretty difficult to not slap the other remaining strings as you get higher, but it'd be a small addition that would open up a completely new sound and a new way to write for bass!

:)

I think Fieldy would merit an entire bass library and not just one articulation. Besides, I don't think the Cherry bass would ever forgive me if I sampled Fieldy's style of slapping on it... ;)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I think Fieldy would merit an entire bass library and not just one articulation.
What are you saying? Are you hinting at a future bass library for metal? :wink: :wink: :D

If you are, I'd be totally down with that. It'd be nice to have a super metal bass to compliment the new 8 string library you're working on! 8)

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”