Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Thank you dsan!!! I am glad to have that audio track now that I know where to find it! :D

Glad I could help John :tu:

If it helps, John, and others new to RapidComposer, the inspectors are your best friend.

Be it track inspector, phrase inspector, or another, you will find this is where most of the features are kept. Obviously, each inspector will have its own set of features.

So, if you get stumped, right click and open an inspector for review. :tu:

Be sure to view Chris Caulder's videos too!

Musical Gym was kind enough to assemble many of them in this post here (toward the bottom of the page):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=426318

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Musical Gym wrote:This might be the wrong thread for this question:

Does RC have a harmonization feature that includes vocal harmonies such as Beach Boys, Lettermen, Four Freshman, etc.?

I'd like to recreate some of the types of harmonies that are on the album Pet Sounds (Beach Boys)

Let me know if I should move this to another thread, thanks.
Hi Musical Gym,
this is the right thread, and a good request!
The "4-part harmony phrase generator with rules" is already on the to-do list. I do not know yet, maybe this is a bit different. I will definitely need MIDI files in order to analyze these vocal harmonies.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

JohnBullFrog wrote:I would love to be able to save my separate MIDI tracks to individual WAV files for later use in my DAW. I realized tonight I can do this by soloing each track and export as WAV but having an option to save these separately with a single save would be great!
Hi John,

Thank you for this request, it was indeed missing. The good news is that it was implemented today. You will find it either in the next beta version or in v2.8.
JohnBullFrog wrote:I would love to be able to import an audio track to use as a reference while working on my MIDI tracks. Do not need to do any editing or anything...just play it along with my MIDI tracks when I press the play button.
As dsan already wrote (thank you :) ) you can add audio tracks too (press 'U'), but the audio support is limited because it was not the purpose of this application. 'Audio Gain' is automatically added as a variation to the audio tracks, so you can set the volume, but again this was not meant as a serious audio mixer...

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila. If I locate any good free midi files of the vocal harmonies, I will try to remember to send them to you.

thanks for working so hard, but try not to overdo it!

is this is suggested?
drag drop support for the RC projects
it would really handy.

If the road map continues on its current path, yellukhan, we should see D&D of separate phrases to the DAW in v2.85, due Feb. , 2015. :tu:

Here's the roadmap thread to get a picture of what is planned:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=401361

I imagine we'll see more D&D functions as RC progresses.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

wow, thanks for pointing that link out

to being more clear/specific i meant drag RC projects from windows explorer to RC
but yes seems direction already goes to there :)
thanks dsan.

I would like if the Remove button could be moved somewhere else instead of right beside the preview button on the Progressions and Phrases browsers! I have already deleted things I meant to preview!

Which leads me to another question...if I delete something from a browser how can I restore it?

Is there not/no longer a warning pop-up before removal/delete, asking to confirm action..? Not at my machine, can't check just now...
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

JohnBullFrog wrote:I would like if the Remove button could be moved somewhere else instead of right beside the preview button on the Progressions and Phrases browsers! I have already deleted things I meant to preview!
Good point! It happens sometimes for me too, and probably to others.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

JohnBullFrog wrote:Which leads me to another question...if I delete something from a browser how can I restore it?
Simply by restoring from the system dustbin when the deleted thing was an independent file.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

yellukhan wrote:to being more clear/specific i meant drag RC projects from windows explorer to RC
but yes seems direction already goes to there :)
thanks dsan.
OK, it was added today, although I don't like last-minute changes. In v2.8 (released tomorrow) you will be able to drop a composition file on the workspace to load it.

Thanks,
Attila

JohnBullFrog wrote:I would like if the Remove button could be moved somewhere else instead of right beside the preview button on the Progressions and Phrases browsers! I have already deleted things I meant to preview!
Ouch! Did the window appeared with the question "do you really want to delete..."??
Which leads me to another question...if I delete something from a browser how can I restore it?
If it is a phrase, the file is just renamed (a dot is inserted as the first character). To restore it, remove the dot from the filename. In other browsers deleting is destructive and immediate.
Is there not/no longer a warning pop-up before removal/delete, asking to confirm action..? Not at my machine, can't check just now...
Yes, you are always asked if you really want to delete things...

Regards,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”