Are there known stability issues using Synthmaster with Sonar X3?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Sonar X3 with Windows 8.1. Frequently, when I use Synthmaster, the audio stops working, and my project is completely hosed. The volume meter on the track I'm using when the problem happens is pegged at 99.9. I suspect there are certain patches that cause the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

I've been using Synthmaster with Sonar X3 for over a year now and haven't had any issues until now. I'm thinking it could either be related to my recent update from Windows 8 to 8.1 (along with a sound driver update, since the Windows update broke my sound) or the fact that I've been focusing more on patches in the Aiyn Zahev Expansion 1 sound bank. I'll see if I can narrow it down to a specific patch that is causing the issue.

Btw, I love the patches by Aiyn Zahev.

I have Sonar X3e on a Windows 8.1 system. No issues.
I mostly use the Nori Ubukata sounds and rarely anything else in it though.
The NU soundbanks do have considerably sized samples in them,
so I would think that if issues were going to be there, it would be with that.

Try contacting Aiyn too though; since in my experience he responds much quicker than Bulent does.

I think I've fixed the problem. I uninstalled Synthmaster and re-installed it and everything seems to be working fine.

I spoke too soon. I created a new project with some Synthmaster tracks, and now it's completely hosed. :dog:

Solved! I upgraded to the latest version of ASIO4ALL, and I'm no longer experiencing this issue.

mleghorn wrote:Solved! I upgraded to the latest version of ASIO4ALL, and I'm no longer experiencing this issue.
:tu: (I use the MOTU Asio driver that comes with the interface).

Return to “KV331 Audio”