How to add metadata to own presets and how to upload them

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
I`m a newbie among the Synthmaster users, because I have bought it just recently because it is so damned cheap at the moment :D Amazing Synth by the way :tu:

But I have got a huge problem, because I wish to upload my own presets to the online library, but it doesn`t work. I suppose it would work, if I would find out how to add metadata to my preset file. I have found the Browser for "Preset information" and I added all relevant information but it seems to be impossible to save the preset with this informations.

If I click on "save" the folder for "partial presets" shows up and it is not allowed to save presets there, because I would need admin rights for this. I tried to put the preset manually into this folder but this also not works, because the preset file is invisible, or not there or whatever...

I also simply saved the preset (into an own created folder) and it shows up now at the local preset browser and the author name is my real name and not my user name (which I have written down at the preset information browser and which I would prefer for uploading). This is all confusing for me lol. Sorry for asking (maybe) silly questions but, that`s the first time I try to upload my presets at all. Great idea by the way. I like this concept a lot.

So my question is: How exactly can I save my preset with all metadata and to where shall I save it, into which folder, when I wish to upload it?

Probably it will be possible to upload the presets when this is done. If not, I will be back soon :wink:

Thanks in advance
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Did you click on the Preset tab, and filled out the metadata ?

Are you trying to save a partial preset or a regular/full preset ?

Try to save to

<Your Documents Folder>\SynthMaster\Presets folder.

You can actually save to any folder, SynthMaster remembers the saved folders.

I will look into this metadata upload issue in the coming days.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi Bulent,
thanks for your help :)
kv331 wrote:Did you click on the Preset tab, and filled out the metadata ?
Yep. Check out this screenshot here, I have selected all relevant information:

kv331 wrote:Are you trying to save a partial preset or a regular/full preset ?
I`m not sure what exactly you mean with "partial" or "full" preset, but I started with the init preset by choosing "new preset", then I produced my preset, gave it a name and saved it (which works now). This means I didn`t change a factory preset for the case that you mean this with "partial" preset. I made a completely new preset by my own.
kv331 wrote:Try to save to

<Your Documents Folder>\SynthMaster\Presets folder.

You can actually save to any folder, SynthMaster remembers the saved folders.

I will look into this metadata upload issue in the coming days.

Bulent
Saving the preset works now, because I tried simply "save" (the left button) and not "save as" (the right button) :wink: :lol: So: This was my mistake. This means: Saving the preset works now, but uploading still doesn`t work.

I`m sure that the preset is saved completely with all metadata, because it is stil there when I restart the Synthmaster. It is permanent and so it is saved for sure with all metadata, but neverthless the upload doesn`t work. By the way: I haven`t got this "upload" button at my preset browser (like it is to see on the photo at the user manual), but if I make a right click on the preset I also get an uploading option:

Each time I try to upload the preset I got an error report like this:
"An error received from the web service while uploading preset: Preset instrument types can not be blank"

But the instrument types are not blank as you see.

In the meantime I tried to upload presets here directly on the kvr site, but this also not works, because I only have got the option "download presets", but there is absolutely no option/button for uploading presets here.

I would be glad if we can find a solution for this problem, because it is great fun to make own presets with your fantastic synthesizer and I`m sure that I will produce a lot of them by time. This Arpeggiator really rocks 8) :D

Cheers Mojo42
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

@Bulent:
PS: Ah I guess I see now what you mean with partial and full preset (lol). The adjustements of all single sections at the Synthmaster also can be saved seperately and this is probably meant with partial preset. But to answer your question: No I didn`t save a partial preset, I saved a full preset.
Daodejing verse 37

Still unable to upload presets to library. Exactly the same problem for me. Have you got any solution? Thanks.

jazztiz wrote:Still unable to upload presets to library. Exactly the same problem for me. Have you got any solution? Thanks.
Yep I have :D

I have made a couple of Synthmaster patches for the OSC #73 and so I could find out that adding meta data works well. This means: This is not the problem. I still can`t upload my patches to the online library although adding meta data obviously works perfect, creating a sound bank also works perfect.

The solution: Simply share your patches in a different way. You can upload them here for example:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synthma ... /downloads

There are 0 uploads yet as you see. It`s time that someone start some uploads :D

That`s the only solution I could find, but that works fine for me because the main thing is to share the patches, the way how to share is completely equal for me. As soon as I will have finished a nice soundbank for Synthmaster I simply will upload it here.

hope this helps.
Daodejing verse 37

This is gonna be in my TODO list for v3.0 fixes.
Works at KV331 Audio

Please fix this issue. Whatever I try, I get the same error whenever I try to upload one of my presets:

"An error received from the web service while uploading preset: Preset instrument types can not be blank."

This is the most frustrating aspect of SynthMaster. :help:

robst247 wrote:Please fix this issue. Whatever I try, I get the same error whenever I try to upload one of my presets:

"An error received from the web service while uploading preset: Preset instrument types can not be blank."

This is the most frustrating aspect of SynthMaster. :help:
Yes I was able to reproduce this one. Expect a fix in v2.7.5, I will look into this during working for 2.7.5 this week.
Works at KV331 Audio

OK it was a server side issue and I just fixed it. Now you should be able to upload presets!
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”