Cant use Slate Plugins in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After i save and reload a project, Slate plugins come up with an activation error

And sometime the audio gets mangled and distorted

Anyone else have these issues....its frustrating because i love to mix as i create and all my hard work gets destroyed when the plugs dont reload as intended

Also Kush Audio UBK1 has never appeared for me in Bitwig....another plug i would love to be able to use

Any help would be appreciated

Bitwig Version?
OSX/WIN/LIN?

Might help.

Because here under Win 8.1 / B1.1.2 all works as intended.

Latest Bitwig version
Windows 8.1

The only slate plug I have is VMR. I'm win7x64 bitwig x64 1.1.2

The only issue I have is that while waiting for an initial instance to load the sound cuts out (which I think is a bitwig thing and not a SD thing)

I am having major issues with slate plug ins also. VCC freezes up when I initiate the plug in. The plugin window freezes and will not close. Basically making it unusable. I am running Mac mavirick with bit 1.1.1. This has been like this for a long time. Anyone else having problems?

Pprimo wrote:I am having major issues with slate plug ins also. VCC freezes up when I initiate the plug in. The plugin window freezes and will not close. Basically making it unusable. I am running Mac mavirick with bit 1.1.1. This has been like this for a long time. Anyone else having problems?
I can confirm this behavior for VCC on macosx 10.10.1 and bitwig 1.1.2.

If I recall correctly, VCC uses shared memory between plugin instances, which BitWig's sandboxing may prevent from working correctly. If you can disable sandboxing, it may work. I wouldn't know as I can't run BitWig on my Vista PC.

I am having major issues with slate plug ins also. VCC freezes up when I initiate the plug in. The plugin window freezes and will not close. Basically making it unusable. I am running Mac mavirick with bit 1.1.1. This has been like this for a long time. Anyone else having problems?
I can also confirm this. Also hangs when trying to save the plugin state.

I've tried turning on/off memory sandboxing to no avail.

On Mac, you shouldn't press any keyboard command when the VCC window is open. Otherwise the plugin will freeze.

Slate is releasing a big update for the VCC within 1-2 months so I yhink Bitwig isn't fixing this before that comes out. Meanwhile - don't press keys when the window is open (like space bar for playback).
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

So it seems like the people so far with VCC issues are mac. I'll demo it a little bit later since it's such a low price and report my findings.

No problems win7x64 bitwig x64 1.1.2. (VCC 1.5.2)

However, I really can't tell if the thing is working or not. (sound wise)

Okay now figured out, only bigger projects including Virtual Mix Rack fails to re-load again. (iLok error and then missing plugins in the rack!)
I have filled out a bug report.

I have trouble with VTM as well. I get errors saying my ilok is incorrectly installed, but after waiting a minute or two I am able to reload the plugin. Also every time I reload a project with softube's console 1, I have to reload each individual instance of console 1. (not slate related but similar issue)

Bajista wrote: Also every time I reload a project with softube's console 1, I have to reload each individual instance of console 1. (not slate related but similar issue)
:scared: i was going to order a console 1 but this post makes me scared now.
Do you lose all the channel settings for each instance?

Are you guys still getting probs? I just tried VCC 2 for the first time and it crashes only when i try to drag and drop modules, it seems to be ok if i select presets made for modules i want. I'm not using the latest release of VCC though as they made some changes i don't care for in the next update, can someone report on whether you have full functionality of the latest release version of VCC 2 in Bitwig 1.8 please?

Cheers

Edit: Updated the version anyway and all issues solved in bitwig but i have the VCC meters post instead of pre which i why i kept the older version installed, no biggie tho.

Return to “Bitwig”