Presswerk 1.0 Release Candidate 1

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

revision 3262 is our first release candidate:

Presswerk10RC1Mac.zip

Presswerk10RC1Win.zip

Please let us know what you find, we would like to release it before x-mas.

Note: We've removed unused parameters from the list of automatable parameters. Therefore, if you did host automation with a beta version, you will need to replace the automated parameters. This will most likely be the parameter prior to the one you'll see, i.e. the desired parameter is now the one before that in the list.

Exhaustedly,

- Urs

So i guess the beta code time is over now? i will test it.

Hi Urs, this RC1 also has the wrong locked written in words like the previous mistake in the last beta.

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Hi Urs, this RC1 also has the wrong locked written in words like the previous mistake in the last beta.

thanks
rsp
Eeeek. Must have been an oversight, because I've seen it the other day :-/

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:Hi Urs, this RC1 also has the wrong locked written in words like the previous mistake in the last beta.

thanks
rsp
Trade you a don't bother with the missing lock in exchange for a hive beta on friday :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
Urs wrote:

thanks
rsp
Trade you a don't bother with the missing lock in exchange for a hive beta on friday :-)
rsp
Deal. Because it pretty much is either or ;-)

One vote for Hive. Presswerk is already impressive as it is, and the few minimal things can be ironed out after X-Mas. The X-Mas days are for playing with new toys. :wink: :hyper: :party:

tq wrote:One vote for Hive. Presswerk is already impressive as it is, and the few minimal things can be ironed out after X-Mas. The X-Mas days are for playing with new toys. :wink: :hyper: :party:
hahaha :hihi: you are right, time for hive i guess. :party:
so this would make 3 new products this year! congrats!

A serious error has occurred inside the plugin "Presswerk".
WaveLab could control it, but is is advisable to save your work and restart WaveLab.

I will test Wavelab 8.5 when I'm in my other studio.

So is it safe for A) beta testers and/or B) those who have purchased to install this RC?
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Yes, however, I'd caution against using it as if it's a V1 release. Things could still change. Unlikely, but not impossible.
Eternitysound VST Banks

memyselfandi wrote:A serious error has occurred inside the plugin "Presswerk".
WaveLab could control it, but is is advisable to save your work and restart WaveLab.

I will test Wavelab 8.5 when I'm in my other studio.
We'll look into that. Typically problems in Wavelab have been due to multichannel issues. We had a lot of issues with VST3 and Uhbik, so I'm not quite sure where this is going to go with Presswerk's external side chain feature.

Anyhow, we've just released this build as V1.0 and we'll include Presswerk into our next Latest Builds cycle for fixing typos in the user guide and hopefully for a fix for Wavelab.

And the locked missing icon :-)

Congrats on the release.
rsp
sound sculptist

A minor annoyance I've discovered, which certainly isn't show-stopping. However if I'm already manipulating a parameter with the mouse (by holding down left mouse button) and press Shift, it doesn't change into fine mode then. You have to press Shift before engaging the knob or whatever. It kind of makes me stumble in my workflow and I would argue it should switch to fine mode whenever Shift is held down, no matter if you've already engaged or not - it's just better UX. :)

This is in Studio One 2.6.5 (64-bit) on Windows 8.1 x64. It was the case in the previous beta version as well at least.
I make music like I play Tekken; randomly push buttons and hope for something good to happen.

TBAAV wrote:A minor annoyance I've discovered, which certainly isn't show-stopping. However if I'm already manipulating a parameter with the mouse (by holding down left mouse button) and press Shift, it doesn't change into fine mode then. You have to press Shift before engaging the knob or whatever. It kind of makes me stumble in my workflow and I would argue it should switch to fine mode whenever Shift is held down, no matter if you've already engaged or not - it's just better UX. :)

This is in Studio One 2.6.5 (64-bit) on Windows 8.1 x64. It was the case in the previous beta version as well at least.
Out of curiosity, which plugins don't do this?
I guess I always hit shift if I want to fine tune so never ran into this, but I would have thought most plugins in fact exhibited the 'minor annoyance' behaviour.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”