Toneboosters 3.x!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Well with all that said, I will just continue using my 2.x plugins I have currently installed and nevermind the new ones.
The old ones do what I need them to do anyway, so I do not need an update, even if it is free.

For what it's worth : what i did myself is that i have put all my v2 TB plugins in a folder, which i moved elsewhere, in a safe place but not in my usual VST folder.
So, for my recent projects i use v3 plugins (which are in my main VST folder), and if i open an older project using v2 plugins, i just have to temporarily copy my "V2 folder" back into my VST plugins folder.
As ToneBoosters are simple DLL (without additional data folders or dependencies or tedious installation procedures), it's a rather smooth workaround, and i prefer it this way instead of having V2 along with V3 in the same folder (which also works great, but "bloats" a bit my VST folder).
My 0.2 cents ;)

Just installed the latest version on OSX 10.8.5 and Studio One crashed instantly, any ideas ? do I need to install Yosemite to use 3.0.9 ?

No, you need to install Windows to get no crashes and to avoid having to install a new OS every once in a while and have problems like this that is caused by your beloved Apple. Seriously. This coming from a Windows hater who uses Linux for 90% of the tasks, essentially everything except music making and music production, I think this sentence have an even heavier impact. Anyway, just a friendly advice... I'm not trying to troll and I don't want anyone to reply to this. Just keep calm and keep being... whatever you are or think you are. KVR is going onto my nerves lately anyway because its users are behaving more like Gearslutz nuts with each day.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:No, you need to install Windows to get no crashes and to avoid having to install a new OS every once in a while and have problems like this that is caused by your beloved Apple. Seriously. This coming from a Windows hater who uses Linux for 90% of the tasks, essentially everything except music making and music production, I think this sentence have an even heavier impact. Anyway, just a friendly advice... I'm not trying to troll and I don't want anyone to reply to this. Just keep calm and keep being... whatever you are or think you are. KVR is going onto my nerves lately anyway because its users are behaving more like Gearslutz nuts with each day.

Cheers!
I'ma reply just to say :hug:

Kvr has always been it's own animal. Now, back to tonboosters (I'm trying barricade. )

Mario-C. wrote:Just installed the latest version on OSX 10.8.5 and Studio One crashed instantly, any ideas ? do I need to install Yosemite to use 3.0.9 ?
I've got 10.8.5 on the old studio Mac and the TB plugins seem fine. Using LogiX though, don't use Studio1.

Must be a VST thing, didn't install Audio units ...

Could be. Could also be a Studio One thing as well I suppose. Might see if I have any time left in the S1 demo I downloaded a while ago and see what happens.

DuX wrote:KVR is going onto my nerves lately anyway because its users are behaving more like Gearslutz nuts with each day.
Funny, I've been thinking exactly the opposite! :) It's all good though, both still great resources!

There's no upgrade path for bundle owners is there, from pre v3 I mean?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

There isn't one, the license works for 2x and 3x plugins.

He's probably talking about the new plugins released since v3 for people who bought the 'all plugins' bundle.

I'd suggest emailing Jeroen.

oneshotdeal wrote:He's probably talking about the new plugins released since v3 for people who bought the 'all plugins' bundle.

I'd suggest emailing Jeroen.
Yup, that's what I meant but for the Track Essentials bundle.
Ill drop him an email, ta

Is there something new in the Track Essentials bundle?

aMUSEd wrote:Is there something new in the Track Essentials bundle?
I dont have a reg file for Timemachine and I bought Module separately

Return to “Effects”