VAZ product sales suspended

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The impending change in EU VAT law*, which comes into effect on 1st January 2015, means that the current approach to selling VAZ products through Paypal will most likely have to be ended by that date.

The only bulletproof way round this that I'm aware of would be to use a reseller who would handle VAT matters. This would most likely take a chunk from revenue.

The second faint possibility is that an exemption will be established, but this would have to be bulletproof, I will not risk a "hobby" having legal implications.

Update 31/12/2014: sales are now suspended.

Martin

In case you do remove them from sale, what happens to current owners, any updates?

As far as it's practical I'll provide fixes to keep the software running on current systems, so no different to now.

Martin

So it seems you're pretty much done with VAZ Modular? No new modules in sight, 64-bit compatibility?

What exactly is the new VAT law changing and asking of you? Governments seem to make life harder and harder every chance they get. I hope you figure out a way to keep VAZ synths on the market, I hate it when some of the better audio gear perish and leave the market more filled and cluttered with hyped up rubbish.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Hope this doesnt mean the end of VAZ. Was hoping for 64bit in the near future.

EvilDragon wrote:Check this thread out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=407861
Understood, thanks!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Any chance for a bug fix to get Vaz M to work in Cubase? Tried the new version 8 and it's still the same as before. As soon as I open a Vaz GUI window, it result in a total crash and a restart of Cubase.

It works just fine in Reaper.

Best regards,
Erik

Hi Erik, the Cubase problem is an interaction between it and the Delphi VCL GUI library, not feasible to fix :(

It's alright Martin! I'm using Reaper now and I'm happy to be able to use Vaz as my main synth.

A little hint about the Cubase issue on your website maybe, to inform buyers about it?

After all those years VAz Modular is still the one to beat. I can make sounds out of it that no other softsynth can match. A modern dream machine for sure!

I really hope that there will be more synth's to come from a programming genius like you Martin!

Happy new year!

/Erik

Kire wrote:I really hope that there will be more synth's to come from a programming genius like you Martin!
Honestly, just VAZ is enough, but in 64-bit and better preset management would make it a helluva lot more attractive. Setting up patches for MIDI program changes is a pain in the ass, IMHO... and being limited to just 128 is a bit of a bummer. Would have been nice if it could support Bank Select, too.

MadGav wrote:As far as it's practical I'll provide fixes to keep the software running on current systems, so no different to now.

Martin
Hi Martin!

In Reaper 4.76 Vaz Modular sometimes doesn't release the notes when I play back a recorded part. It happens also when I bounce tracks. Is there a fix for that?

/Erik

Hi Erik,

Can you email me a simple Reaper project which consistently does this? (martin at martinfay dot com)

Martin

MadGav wrote:Hi Erik,

Can you email me a simple Reaper project which consistently does this? (martin at martinfay dot com)

Martin
Yes! :)
Thank you!

Return to “VAZ Synths”