VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SplineEQ

A_SN wrote:
xtrax wrote:
A_SN wrote:
xtrax wrote:Is there any news on new Spline EQ update?
Brilliant mastering EQ.

Photosounder should create one channel EQ, and I am convinced that will be in the top.
High sound quality is only what matters for me, and that is the same product goal of Photosounder.

Cheers
No news, still working on Spiral (although I'm kind of having a writer's block). A one channel EQ? As in mono? I don't get it.

I mean zero latency channel stereo and mono EQ. Probably IIR.
IIR filters can be easily designed to sound like analog filters.
Something like Pro-Q or else, but flexible like Spline EQ. Thought.
Oh, yeah I was considering doing that as an option, I might still do that. It would be still FIR based though, which I'm not sure has been done before like this in a plugin with totally custom curves (for a minimum-phase EQ that is), but I know how to do that, in theory at least.

I will be the first customer to buy it.
That much about confidence in to your product. Why not, to make it?

Best

Any news on the AAX release for the SplineEQ? I'm a little late to the party regarding this plugin. I've been testing it for the last few days, which resulted in me buying it today. Absolutely fantastic work. The first eq plugin I actually enjoy using! Amazing. Would love this in the ProTools domain.

Thanks!

sashbash wrote:Any news on the AAX release for the SplineEQ? I'm a little late to the party regarding this plugin. I've been testing it for the last few days, which resulted in me buying it today. Absolutely fantastic work. The first eq plugin I actually enjoy using! Amazing. Would love this in the ProTools domain.

Thanks!
No news on SplineEQ, however I have AAX builds for Spiral, and I'm not sure it works, so if you could try it and tell me if that works for you that'd be great, thanks :)

http://photosounder.com/spiral/download.php
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

sashbash wrote:Any news on the AAX release for the SplineEQ? I'm a little late to the party regarding this plugin. I've been testing it for the last few days, which resulted in me buying it today. Absolutely fantastic work. The first eq plugin I actually enjoy using! Amazing. Would love this in the ProTools domain.

Thanks!
Did you tried this?
http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3

Can be used as a VST-AAX wrapper or an AU-AAX wrapper

I use SplineEQ for mastering only, but only one thing would like to see on the next update, and that is zoom to +12 db window curves. 60db is too much to see small differences thought.

Best

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
xtrax wrote: Did you tried this?
http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3 (http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3)

Can be used as a VST-AAX wrapper or an AU-AAX wrapper
no i haven't, thanks for the heads up! i'm assuming it would merely host SplineEQ and not effect the audio path signal in anyway?... coding and maths is not my strong point.

This is now impossible to use in Tracktion 5 on Mac - it freezes the host as soon as you move a node.

aMUSEd wrote:This is now impossible to use in Tracktion 5 on Mac - it freezes the host as soon as you move a node.
Can replicate this behaviour on PC too using 32 bit Tracktion. Haven't tried x64.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

aMUSEd wrote:This is now impossible to use in Tracktion 5 on Mac - it freezes the host as soon as you move a node.
mcnelson wrote:Can replicate this behaviour on PC too using 32 bit Tracktion. Haven't tried x64.
Oh wow that's pretty weird, guess I'll have to try it on Tracktion too. Did it do it on Tracktion 4? If not maybe Tracktion introduced a regression? Never heard of anything like that on any other host.

Not tried it on T4 - it used to work fine in Tracktion 5.

aMUSEd wrote:Not tried it on T4 - it used to work fine in Tracktion 5.
Did it change with a recent update?

A_SN wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Not tried it on T4 - it used to work fine in Tracktion 5.
Did it change with a recent update?
Must have done but not sure if it was an update to T5 or Spline EQ.

Okay I just tried it, I'm 90% sure it's Tracktion bug nevermind it seems to be my fault. I haven't contacted Tracktion yet, I'm waiting for confirmation that I'm not the one who messed up, wouldn't want to waste their time if it's not their own problem.

It's from a part of my code that hasn't been changed in 3 years btw, so if it worked fine before I suppose it might be a regression in Tracktion.
Last edited by A_SN on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How to achieve an HPF..? Never Understand... o.O

OK I fixed the Tracktion problem, it was indeed my fault, funny that it only became a problem now. I'll upload the fixed version (as v1.1.4) soon.
Turello wrote:How to achieve an HPF..? Never Understand... o.O
Oh God I really need to finish that tutorial video soon. I have an irrational hatred for making videos. Videos and phone calls.

Anyway this should help you http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5926705 if you scroll up a bit the big screenshot might be all the answer you need.

Return to “Effects”