What are my options to compliment nexus 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

don't think nexus is your problem seems more like your composing skill is the issue, you have a lot of offbeat drums & drums/rhythm are a focal point of most electronic music, noticed some offkey sounds too, I'd recommend studying up on music theory and watching a bunch of tutorials for whatever DAW you use
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

V0RT3X wrote:It has a nice tight attack and release
Great curves, gentle slopes. This is getting silly.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Electra 2 would compliment Nexus 2 well

Especially now, when it is a 2 for 1 offer on.

Naer wrote:I've been composing only with nexus 2 and I think that is why my tracks aren't getting noticed.
So what should I add?
Lessons (+ talent, marketing, originality and a video with barely legal girls).

I like your tracks. They are enjoyable. However, they have no structure. My band mates, when we practice, used to ask me, "is it the same song?" Your tracks sound the same. Yes, there are different sounds, but no distinguishing song structure, no beat, no catchy melody line. It may be nice background music, but not something that would draw attention. I could focus on planning your song and even graph it. count how many measures you will allocate for each part, make sure, song develops, starts light, builds up and resolves. I like Tone 2 products.

Maybe you could write to refx and let them know how great you think it is. Or you could write about it on a blog, post on Facebook, write a review etc. :wink:

maschinelf wrote:Maybe you could write to refx and let them know how great you think it is. Or you could write about it on a blog, post on Facebook, write a review etc. :wink:
Is this sarcastic? Just his tracks alone were free advertisement he should charge for.

Naer wrote:soundcloud tracks ....
I listened to the first three tracks. First the positives:
+ nice timing
+ very nice ideas
+ good sounds

Now the negatives IMO of course:
- As in a previous comment, the three songs I listened lack a structure. It is difficult to connect the parts when listening to them. Some repetitions are necessary but without being boring (balance that!).
- Usually there is a melody supported by a harmony. You need to put some chords in the background.
- I don't know what you are trying to convey. You need an idea, it doesn't matter if it is sexy dance or atmosphere for meditation. What's the theme?
- where is the hook man? :hihi: it is important, so does it make me whistle your melody when I'm walking out?
- It needs some variation in the sounds (other synths/effects/samples).

I suggest you read about Song structure for a specific genre (there are some differences) and analyse the songs you like most (structure, drums, melody, harmony, voice, effects ...etc). Every time you listen to the song, concentrate on one aspect only. If you can copy what you hear as a practice project, this would make you realise many things including what to learn.
Ok, some of Drum programming and Music Theory won't hurt either. Leave mixing and mastering to the end to learn, they are not the main requirements for a musician!

Now to compliment Nexus (which I don't have or planning to have), I think a good Analog synth and another additive/FM one would give some variations.

Drop music, start as a comedian. I see way more potential there. :tu:

I believe honesty is the best policy, some interesting ideas there but lacking vision, nothing much stood out. Too much of the same static snare sound, kick drum lost in the mix, way too much reverb and compression,too little percussion, drums ploddy and predictable, no interesting chords and no musical cement.

A bit too wearing on the ear after a while as it all merges into one. I'd definitely get someone to arrange the tracks and mixdown as you would be able to hold the listeners ear longer. I think you you need a decent bass synth as there was little interest in the frequency range and the bass I could hear was too muddy and simplistic.

Overall the mix seemed to have wool over the sound whereas with modern equipment you should be getting a crystal clear sound. Either a bitrate issue or EQ.

All is not lost, this isn't easy but you need to focus on what you want to say with your music, give it an identity, get some interesting sounds to compliment, drop the huge wall of synths now and again to give the listener some breathing space. I would say it sounds like you are using one generic synth BUT maybe its your choice of sounds?

cryophonik wrote:Page 2 and nobody has mentioned Zebra2 yet?! On a KVR "which synth should I buy" thread?! :eek:

@OP, the correct answer is Zebra2. You're welcome.
The herd animals are all switching to the hive mind... ;-)

pdxindy wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Page 2 and nobody has mentioned Zebra2 yet?! On a KVR "which synth should I buy" thread?! :eek:
@OP, the correct answer is Zebra2. You're welcome.
The herd animals are all switching to the hive mind... ;-)
Yeah, soon enough you'll start to see threads like "FS - Zebra2 $80.00 Including Transfer Fee" once Hive comes out and people decide to start jumping off the Zebra2 ship. :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

A lot of things can compliment Nexus 2. Bring her flowers, tell her she's pretty. :love:
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:A lot of things can compliment Nexus 2. Bring her flowers, tell her she's pretty. :love:
But, don't tell her that she's hot for her age, or that you actually prefer her a little on the phat side.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Return to “Instruments”