Sandman - yet another cool new delay that doesn't cost $299

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sandman

I'm loving the sandman demo. I tried the g8 demo and compared it to pro-g (which I already own). It's not possible to recreate the cycle feature in pro-g I take it? I love the way it adds rhythm to anything but I really wish it were possible to sync the values to bpm somehow. Otherwise the stutter drifts.

-Sam

thelizard wrote: -Today I received a heads-up about a pirate version of G8 floating around. Josh and I had previously been joking around about how we weren't even popular enough for a torrent, so it was sort of a bittersweet moment for me. We're not going to go through a DMCA request or any of that, since we're currently a two man team, and because I know that I personally used illegitimate software when I was in grade school and early high school (before I had a job!). That being said, please be aware that I'm a student, and Josh has a daughter. I'm currently saving up for a honeymoon in June with my fiancee after our wedding and my graduation. So, if you like our software, please support us and purchase a copy! Our prices are low, and we would like to keep it that way.
Ugh. It's almost hard to believe considering how inexpensively priced they are. :( Where did these people get the money to buy their computer and pay for Internet access? I wish all plugins were sold like REs; generous unrestricted demo periods and robust built-in protection for developers.

Tronam wrote:
thelizard wrote: -Today I received a heads-up about a pirate version of G8 floating around. Josh and I had previously been joking around about how we weren't even popular enough for a torrent, so it was sort of a bittersweet moment for me. We're not going to go through a DMCA request or any of that, since we're currently a two man team, and because I know that I personally used illegitimate software when I was in grade school and early high school (before I had a job!). That being said, please be aware that I'm a student, and Josh has a daughter. I'm currently saving up for a honeymoon in June with my fiancee after our wedding and my graduation. So, if you like our software, please support us and purchase a copy! Our prices are low, and we would like to keep it that way.
Ugh. It's almost hard to believe considering how inexpensively priced they are. :( Where did these people get the money to buy their computer and pay for Internet access? I wish all plugins were sold like REs; generous unrestricted demo periods and robust built-in protection for developers.
sorry to hear that. in times like these I always fall back on my motto "people suck."
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Studies show that cracks have zero effect on sales and a lot of the times it's even the opposite effect. People who use cracks will seek out cracks, people who buy will buy, in the end it's about financial means and ethics, so just appreciate that the cracking community makes it available to more people and can spread your popularity among up-n-comers just like Sylenth1 and FL Studio.

fceramic wrote:Studies show that cracks have zero effect on sales and a lot of the times it's even the opposite effect. People who use cracks will seek out cracks, people who buy will buy, in the end it's about financial means and ethics, so just appreciate that the cracking community makes it available to more people and can spread your popularity among up-n-comers just like Sylenth1 and FL Studio.
Yeah, we made our plug-ins DRM free because it wasn't even worth fighting. I also get annoyed when I pay for something and I have to jump through hoops to install and activate it (the same reason we put up our plug-ins on Steam with cloud-based preset syncing).

We're not terribly upset, nor do we believe it has affected sales (Dropping our prices and releasing Sandman gave us a sale spike on G8). In the end, though, I hope that people who use the "cracked" version (probably just repackaged, hopefully not with any spyware or malware) treat it like a nice demo version and end up supporting us.

thelizard wrote: (Dropping our prices and releasing Sandman gave us a sale spike on G8).
that's me :) although I did have to wait for the sale

I used a piece of cracked software once, and it led to the purchase of a "Komplete" bundle of impressive software. My cracked days are proudly long gone.
How did I miss this thread? I'm getting ready to put my machine online and make a contribution to the honeymoon fund. Looking forward to playing with Sandman. :tu:

Edit:
Just got it. Gonna be sweet. G8 looks really interesting so I downloaded the demo. I'm a Cubase guy, so unfortunately, I probably won't be able to get the real goodies out of it. I'll keep my eyes peeled in the meantime, as we wait for JUCE to get up to speed.

Edit Edit:
Yoko band splitter. That name should win an award. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:I used a piece of cracked software once, and it led to the purchase of a "Komplete" bundle of impressive software. My cracked days are proudly long gone.
How did I miss this thread? I'm getting ready to put my machine online and make a contribution to the honeymoon fund. Looking forward to playing with Sandman. :tu:

Edit:
Just got it. Gonna be sweet. G8 looks really interesting so I downloaded the demo. I'm a Cubase guy, so unfortunately, I probably won't be able to get the real goodies out of it. I'll keep my eyes peeled in the meantime, as we wait for JUCE to get up to speed.

Edit Edit:
Yoko band splitter. That name should win an award. :tu:
Thanks for the purchase :)

We have a few users using G8 with Cubase professionally and haven't had reports of broken functionality. I received my copy after writing the G8 manual and while I was working on Sandman. I'll revisit the manual and update it with what works in Cubase.

Well, for one thing, I just upgraded to Cubase 8, and there's a known issue with plugin behavior when set to "always on top" (to be resolved soon, hopefully). I encountered that, and initially thought there were multiple issues (dropdown settings menus flashing and instantly dissappearing when clicked and probably other things) and went on to something else. Now that I realize that that was almost certainly the cause, I'll revisit the demo tomorrow. Adding some Cubase compatibility info to the manual would be be good though. :hihi:

Sandman is pretty cool, now that I've had a chance to play with it. Definitely a good purchase.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

We've released the G8 1.1 update, and will now focus on Sandman feature requests! I've started a new G8 thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 81&start=0

Hi everyone,

Sandman and G8 are on sale again. This is because of the Steam sale schedule, in which there are both Black Friday and Holiday sales. I dislike these rapid sales, but we have to participate on Steam. This will be the last sale until Spring or Summer (I can't think of the next Steam sale off of the top of my head).

We're making good progress on Sandman 1.1, which we are developing concurrently with the next VST/AU. I spent a solid 12 hours yesterday working on the new VST/AU, and we've decided to redesign it. I originally said January for it, but we want to leave it in the oven a bit longer and make sure it's as awesome as Sandman.

Hey guys, couldn't find a support contact on the website so I ask here:
I created a project in Bitwig Studio 1.1.6 on Windows 8.1 x64 using the 32 Bit Sandman VST where I modulate the Sandman Sample Rate with one of Bitwig Studios LFOs (Sandmans internal LFOs have too little range).
The problem is: Sandman sounds different played back in realtime from exporting it as audio where Bitwig processes the sound as fast as possible.
Would you have any idea what the problem could be?

Cheers and thanks!

Tom

Edit: Found the mail address in the meantime. Nothing better than hiding something in plain sight ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Hey guys, couldn't find a support contact on the website so I ask here:
I created a project in Bitwig Studio 1.1.6 on Windows 8.1 x64 using the 32 Bit Sandman VST where I modulate the Sandman Sample Rate with one of Bitwig Studios LFOs (Sandmans internal LFOs have too little range).
The problem is: Sandman sounds different played back in realtime from exporting it as audio where Bitwig processes the sound as fast as possible.
Would you have any idea what the problem could be?

Cheers and thanks!

Tom

Edit: Found the mail address in the meantime. Nothing better than hiding something in plain sight ;-)
Hi Tom, just responded to your e-mail!

Can Sandman be compared with something like Valhalla Ubermod?

BTW how did Sandman go from costing $20, to $49 at Plugin Alliance ? :?

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... man-620302

Numanoid wrote:BTW how did Sandman go from costing $20, to $49 at Plugin Alliance ? :?

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... man-620302
entire re-write of the plugin + added AAX
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Effects”