NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mine took a long time too.

Haven't had a long time to test it out, but so far it seems pretty great (for my purposes). No issues on my PC with Reaper.

aMUSEd wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:I'd say this is the best delay I've ever had for my purposes. Very simple, does everything I want and sounds great. In fact it does more than I would have asked for.

I wonder what the paid version would add.
One thing I would like is the the resonance to have a knob instead of preset levels.
I'd like a resonance knob for the filter and lfo modulation (with waveform, speed and depth) for delay time.
I'd like also a bbd analog mode (but the vintage digital modes already do a very good job, so that's not really necessary).

My first look at replika and my DAW crashed. :(

All I remember seeing was a messed up preset menu.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Crashes all DAWs I've tried it in. Seem to be problems with closing the GUI. I have Win7 HD2000 with latest drivers.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

it misses seperate sidecontrol :P

my go-to plugin is BT Temp Delay, has all i need afaik.

thanks for the freebie! i guess the GT one will have seperate panning control.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The only plugin that has managed to crash Cubase 8 so far. Every time I open a second instance it explodes. When it works it is great though. I've updated to latest video drivers as recommended to no avail. Released for Xmas but not ready.

The only crash I've had was in studio one and it was a nasty one (required system reboot)

It's been a while since that has happened :scared:

Just received the download link and serial number but can't activate the plugin. Activation key?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

J4R1O wrote:Just received the download link and serial number but can't activate the plugin. Activation key?
Came with the download link for me.

Ok... Activated via Control Center (Activate button) :dog: :)
Last edited by J4R1O on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

naivist wrote:The only plugin that has managed to crash Cubase 8 so far. Every time I open a second instance it explodes. When it works it is great though. I've updated to latest video drivers as recommended to no avail. Released for Xmas but not ready.
Hi, what's your graphic card?
I just tested a new Cubase 8 project taht I have two audio channels with four inserts of replika each, two instrument channels with four inserts of replika each and one group with, yeah you guessed it four inserts of replika each.
no problems here.
Windows 7 64 bit.
rsp
sound sculptist

There is definitely something weird with the GUI. There is a lag on keyboard input when it's opened too. Just try to use the virtual midi keyboard, and play some notes, and there'll be lag on some keystrokes.

This one sounds very nice. Much easier than Timeless 2 :P
Bitwig

seems to be ok on Windows 7 64 bit and Cubase 8 64 bit. No crashing on GUI closure, just fired up 3 instances.

sounds nice and a bit different from the other delays I have.

thanks NI, nice present.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Btw there is a thread here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ad.231005/

that may be helpful for those who are having issues.
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum for the Replika. We're very interested to hear your feedback. Before you start, please read the note below from the FX team:

Please Note: Due to a technology switch, Replika raises the bar with its requirements and still has a few issues that will be fixed in an Update.

1.) Requirements
Replika requires graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 - if you see any issues on your computer, please download and install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.

Drivers can be found here:
Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
AMD/ATI: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Replika requires Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.

On Macintosh computers, Replika only runs in 64-bit hosts. If you can't see Replika in your plugin-list, your host is probably running in 32-bit mode. To change that, localize its .app file, then right click > Get Info > uncheck the checkbox "Open in 32-bit mode".

This doesn't work for ProTools - on Mac OS X, Replika requires ProTools 11.

If you are using Replika in Maschine 2, please update to version 2.2.1 .

2.) Known Issues
On Mac, there are still a few problems that we don't have any influence on at the moment - we will work on getting these fixed for a forthcoming update:

a) In Cubase and Reaper we have seen a scanning crash during the very first startup after installing Replika. This only happens once, then works fine.

b) We have seen random crashes when unplugging Replika. These were reported for Live 9, Studio One and Reaper. In Logic 9, this can happen when dragging the plugin between slots with multiple instances open.

c) In Cubase 7.5 there is a crash when closing the host, but no data is lost.

d) In Studio One we also have several smaller problems; on Windows as well. Full support for Studio One will be provided with an upcoming update.

Despite Replika being a delay, we worked hard to make it happen in time for the holidays instead having it delayed - and we're quite sure you will enjoy it a lot.
However, should you feel severely affected by any of the aforementioned limitations, please stay calm and wait for the update

Have nice holidays / Christmas / New Year's or whatever else you like to celebrate in your corner of the planet! :)

Best wishes from Berlin,
Your NI effects team
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”