Voxengo Boogex 2.0 free guitar amplifier plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ligidium wrote:It would be only for me if I'm somehow the only one that's interested in the older plugin. Do you believe that in the years that it has existed no one has come to favour it and its vastly different sound? Do you believe that no one has projects that use the older plugin, which the new plugin literally cannot replace?
Maybe it didn't come across clearly: YOU are responsible to keep backups of your stuff, not a developer.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Is there any reason why this can't be stereo? I know its meant to be for guitar but actually i think it has just as much use on synths or or other stereo content. Surely, a stereo/mono switch isn't too much to ask, i see other amp sims with it.

Incidentally, i just put it on a mono synth with a mostly dry mix and it added a nice grit that i haven't been able to get from any other distortion plugins. Nice one.

Also, about the previous comments, i felt the same about Stereo Touch when it first came out, refused to upgrade but then i came to realise it was better in every way and never looked back after that. A legacy download might be good though for those wanting to open old projects or something.

Hats off to you, Aleksey.

It sounds very nice, and most specially, it responds very nicely to playing dynamics.

I don't know what you did here, but you really nailed it.

I'm constantly using my volume knob (with treble bleed mod) to clean or dirty up the sound without the need to use a footswitch. So far, no amp simulator out there responded as the real thing to this technique, but yours come pretty impressively close.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing it for free. I believe you should consider developing a full blown guitar amp and effects suite now; It would certainly be a success.

Just a suggestion. As you know, guitarists are a pretty traditionalist and nostalgic bunch, so maybe you should open an exception and develop a GUI which is visually closer to a real tube guitar amp if you ever decide to make a bigger version of Boogex.

All the best,

Raf.
Last edited by RafaelMorgan on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mutantdog wrote:Is there any reason why this can't be stereo? I know its meant to be for guitar but actually i think it has just as much use on synths or or other stereo content.
I agree. Stereo would be cool.

You ^^^ can always route a stereo track into 2 mono ones. ;)

But yes, a stereo switch is kinda standard in current ampsims. If there's room for feature requests, that would be a reasonable one.

Thanks for the excellent freebie, Aleksey!

Thank you for your huge generosity, Aleksay. It's a first rate plug-in.

Just a thought for those making feature requests... it's clear that Aleksay both likes to please customers (with great products, some free) and needs to make a living. Why not consider framing requests like this..."I'd be willing to pay [say] $50 for this if it had x, y, z..."

I think it's fine to expect a dev to fix actual bugs in freeware, but to keep asking for additional free features in an already great, free product free... well, let's just say it might not be economically persuasive to a developer who has bills to pay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Thanks for your feedback!

Mister Natural wrote:sweet clean tones here within my short first run-through

thanks !
+1

With no effort I got a full yet defined clean tone from my Epiphone Sheraton. Just the kind of bread and butter sound I like but struggle to get out of other freeware amp sims. I can see myself using this a lot.

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Ligidium wrote:
Hermetech Mastering wrote:No one is forcing you to delete the old plugin or use the new one.
Well, you're sort of wrong. It's true that I can keep the old plugin and use it whenever I'd like, however if I somehow lose the file there is no place to get it again from the website which is my main gripe.
So you are basically asking Aleksey to keep a backup for you :hihi:

Maybe you can ask him if he wants to prepare some server space, for free of course, where you can upload all your other stuff for backup as well :dog:

Aleksey is a (very good) plugin dev who gives great stuff away for free, not a online backup server provider. Be thankful for what you get, and make your own backups :x
no, good plugin dev will never update plugin this way=without possibility to get old versions unique sound
now people need to add something like a Disperser so to obtain similar sound with updated Boogex

Amazing stuff. Improving a product makes you not a good developer. KVR is a learning experience for us all.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:Amazing stuff. Improving a product makes you not a good developer..
sorry,it was not written this way anywhere in this topic...
but-updating a product while maintaining backward compatibility...this for sure makes you a good developer :wink:

Yeah, make something sound better and the same. Makes sense. Can't you run version 1 when you want the version 1 sound, ungrateful brat?
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:Yeah, make something sound better and the same. Makes sense.
maybe not for you but yes...almost any other Voxengo plugin I know keeps backward compatibility when improved/updated :wink:
standalone wrote: Can't you run version 1 when you want the version 1 sound, ungrateful brat?
since I dont use any free Voxengo plugins I dont have a single reason to be grateful brat here :lol:

How about being a little community minded? Having an incredibly useful low latency cab impulse loader with its own impulses and amp options - on all platforms - FOR FREE is a great benefit to the community in general. If a developer gives something like this to the community, I applaud their generosity - whether I need another amp sim/cab loader or not.

Personally, I would stop digging about now. :wink:
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

kvaca wrote:no, good plugin dev will never update plugin this way=without possibility to get old versions unique sound
now people need to add something like a Disperser so to obtain similar sound with updated Boogex
It is called a 'false sense of entitlement', you think that the dev owes you something for.... what :dog:

Get over it already, this is getting stupid :roll:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Return to “Effects”