Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox QUESTIONS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

$9.99 at JRR shop, i demo'ed it a bit and i like nomad factory stuff but what do you say to:

1. i just got WAVE ARTS Tube Saturator, how is this one compared to Nomad Factory?

2. the EQ is no linear phase afaik, so why put it on the master bus? so the EQ is not recommended i guess there?

3. well other than that the comp and gate is like every ones i guess?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

1 - I never tried WAVE ARTS Tube Saturator, so I can't comment.

2 - The Analog Trackbox, as far as I know, is meant to be a channel strip, not a master bus processor (but it can be used also on busses, if you like it). It makes sense for the eq not being linear phase since the Analog Trackbox tries to give some kind of analog flavour, while a linear phase equalizer is definitely "digital". Of course there are also other reasons for having a non linear phase eq (both solutions have pros and cons), for example linear phase equalizers are generally cpu-heavier (and, given the Analog Trackbox has a few years and it's thought to be used on a lot of channels, it makes sense to use as little power as possible).

3 - I can't comment much on this since I rarely use this plugin... I think they are ok for a channel strip, but there are better single processors for each one of there tasks on the market (though they are more cpu heavy), if that's the kind of comparison you're looking for.

The Analog Trackbox has it's kind of vibe, if you like its sound I'd say go for it... I use it rarely since i think it doesn't suit my music; I bought this plugin years ago as a no-brainer offer. :|

Have you googled?
This plugin has been around since 2006ao their are loads of reviews and similar forum questions in abundance.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Try checking over at the cakewalk sonar users forum since the Blue Tubes pack was included with sonar x3 producer. There are bound to be some users of it there.

Just looked it up and I got it for $15 five years ago as an audioMIDI no-brainer.

It's OK, but like most of my Nomad (and now, their P&M cousins), I hardly ever use them.

That said... if I didn't already have BTATB, I'd probably buy it again for $10.

Even at that price, it makes $50* for the P&M bundle seem like a real bargain, though.

*That deal's over and it's currently $200.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:Just looked it up and I got it for $15 five years ago as an audioMIDI no-brainer.

It's OK, but like most of my Nomad (and now, their P&M cousins), I hardly ever use them.

That said... if I didn't already have BTATB, I'd probably buy it again for $10.

Even at that price, it makes $50* for the P&M bundle seem like a real bargain, though.

*That deal's over and it's currently $200.
Id rather have P&M for Clarsonix and the API eq alone.

Return to “Effects”