miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - v1.6.5 - Custom Waveform Editor!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniBit

mutantdog wrote:I don't think there's been a decent 8-bit VST since the days of Krakli and DeLaMancha. Audiothing seem to be doing good stuff at the moment, lets see how this one looks. (Signed up anyway)
i dunno... Plogue's Chipsounds and Icebreaker Audio's Bitrate II & Monoboy were pretty good.

audiothing wrote:Here is the GUI:
Looking good :tu:

ftech wrote:
audiothing wrote:Here is the GUI:
Looking good :tu:
Sounds good!
yzcoruhT

Indeed!

hah, looks great :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. miniBit will be available between the 24th and 25th. Intro price TBA.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

We just released miniBit and sent out the 30 copies to the lucky winners! :clap:

miniBit is now available for the intro price of €16 / $19.60 (full €20 / $24.50)

Merry Christmas!

it looks nice but it seems to miss some stuff like arps, 3 oscs etc. so what advantages gives it over SIDizer which offers plenty more afaik? + sidizer is only $49 without discount. no bashing but im always looking for nice new (i still love quadrasid but the programming is just crap for me) vsts for sidsounds/chiptunes.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Well if you want 3 oscs with standard waveforms and more features you can easily go with almost any other synth on the market :)
I prefered to keep it simple, easy to use and a bit old-school. I will perhaps add a few features later on, definitely more waveforms which, I think, is one of the main feature of miniBit. I have a nice collection of old consoles and retro computers that I used to model the waveforms. I will post a photo tomorrow if I have time.

Another thing is that miniBit is multi platform OSX and WIN and with VST, AU, and AAX support, while SIDizer is only VST afaik.

audiothing wrote:Well if you want 3 oscs with standard waveforms and more features you can easily go with almost any other synth on the market :)
I prefered to keep it simple, easy to use and a bit old-school. I will perhaps add a few features later on, definitely more waveforms which, I think, is one of the main feature of miniBit. I have a nice collection of old consoles and retro computers that I used to model the waveforms. I will post a photo tomorrow if I have time.

Another thing is that miniBit is multi platform OSX and WIN and with VST, AU, and AAX support, while SIDizer is only VST afaik.
win user here but great for mac users of course ;).
as i said it wasnt intended to be bashing but an arp is in my opinion a must have, especially for chiptunes.
i am addicted to the SID stuff and always looking for powerful SID emulations as vst but not so clunky gui like quadrasid, do you think (be honest :P) this is one of it?
for this stuff :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2c-eE1CtU

if miniBIT can do this imma buy it now :P (and check the arp! how lovely!)

and another one :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-pgh5y ... 88D86A1A35
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Bought! Been heading towards 64-bit only, and feeling the chiptune itch...
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound

audiothing wrote:We just released miniBit and sent out the 30 copies to the lucky winners! :clap:
I actually won something! Woo hoo! Thank you very much!

gathda wrote:
audiothing wrote:We just released miniBit and sent out the 30 copies to the lucky winners! :clap:
I actually won something! Woo hoo! Thank you very much!
Me too! What a lovely Christmas present. Thanks AudioThing; miniBit sounds great!
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

The MON are like 2nd generation sids which used sophisticated music-routines (from 1988 on). You can't make such kind of tunes with miniBit. miniBit is like 1984 sids. Nothing bad about it but i wouldn't compare it with QuadraSid or Sidizer. Also i can't see what miniBit brings new to the table compared to the several free plugins already available: http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

:D
yzcoruhT

Return to “Instruments”