MuDrumSampla colors

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Jo!

In the file LooksSetup.Xml of MUX6 (VST edition), it seems impossible to modify these colors for MuDrumSampla:

<ButtonOffBackColor>
<ButtonOffForeColor>
<ButtonOnBackColor>
<ButtonOnForeColor>
<ScrollbarShaftColor>
<ScrollbarThumbColor>
<PlayCursorLineColor>

I would like to have them with these parameters which fit for my eyes and that I have set the same way for MuSampla. Here are the parameters that I choose for MuSampla and for MuDrumSampla:

<ButtonOffBackColor>0,0,255</ButtonOffBackColor>
<ButtonOffForeColor>255,255,255</ButtonOffForeColor>
<ButtonOnBackColor>255,0,0</ButtonOnBackColor>
<ButtonOnForeColor>255,255,255</ButtonOnForeColor>
<ScrollbarShaftColor>0,128,0</ScrollbarShaftColor>
<ScrollbarThumbColor>0,0,0</ScrollbarThumbColor>
<PlayCursorLineColor>255,255,0</PlayCursorLineColor>

But as soon as I relaunch MUX (VST version), for MuSampla it keeps correctly my colors... but for MuDrumSampla it resets the colors to these values which are not good for me:

<ButtonOffBackColor>11,11,11</ButtonOffBackColor>
<ButtonOffForeColor>0,255,0</ButtonOffForeColor>
<ButtonOnBackColor>0,255,0</ButtonOnBackColor>
<ButtonOnForeColor>0,0,0</ButtonOnForeColor>
<ScrollbarShaftColor>64,64,64</ScrollbarShaftColor>
<ScrollbarThumbColor>11,11,11</ScrollbarThumbColor>
<PlayCursorLineColor>0,255,0</PlayCursorLineColor>

Since they seem to be built the same manner so to behave the same, I think that it's probably a bug in the procedure of the settings for the MuDrumSampla colors.

Could you confirm that it's a bug, Jo? And if not, just tell me why a different behavior for two instruments which have the same purpose (one being generalist, the other being specialized in drums)? Perhaps it's me who is wrong, humbly... but for the moment I'm sure that it's simply something forgotten in the code. The error is human...

I have found some other strange things (minor, but eh...) in the settings of the colors. So if you are interested for a future fix edition...
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Colors are edited from within the UI, via the "Edit Colors" function in the main menu. Directly editing the colors is not recommended while MuLab or MUX Modular is active because the colors will be saved in LooksSetup.Xml when MuLab / MUX Modular is ending, and so your edits would be overwritten. Hope this helps.

mutools wrote:Colors are edited from within the UI, via the "Edit Colors" function in the main menu. Directly editing the colors is not recommended while MuLab or MUX Modular is active because the colors will be saved in LooksSetup.Xml when MuLab / MUX Modular is ending, and so your edits would be overwritten. Hope this helps.
Yes, but these seven parameters are missing in the color settings panel of MuDrum (since it is "MuDrumSampla". And I carefully did these all tweakings each time with MUX close. For all the other colors this problem is not met, I open MUX (VST) after having saved my xml file and the colors are correctly kept. Their behavior is correct, by the xml file as well as by the GUI panel. Only these 7 colors are systematically reset... and only in the <MuDrumSampla> section. So they seem to have received a treatment different than the others...
And their tweaking is absent in the GUI color setting panel... If we modify the corresponding colors in MuSampla (or MuPad) it doesn't affect MuDrumSampla, so MuDrumSampla keeps colors which never match the theme currently in creation.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I would have to research it, don't know out of the head. But for now only the colors in "Edit Colors" are supported. I didn't want to put too many colors there to avoid overkill, but it seems you guys want even more control over the colors. I'll take that into account when touching those code sections again.

mutools wrote:I would have to research it, don't know out of the head. But for now only the colors in "Edit Colors" are supported. I didn't want to put too many colors there to avoid overkill, but it seems you guys want even more control over the colors. I'll take that into account when touching those code sections again.
Yes, these considerations about colors are much more important than it seems at first sight because for eyesight impaired persons (as me, but in fact as about 30% of the population... it is considerable) it can have a primordial impact on the usability (its not at all a question of pleasure but really of usability!). A problem of colors in IT at the screen (and especially an impairement relative to the contrast between colors or a problem of color blindness (called daltonisme in French) can directly lead people to the total impossibility to use some parts of a tool or even sometimes the totality of the tool. They will rarely manifest their disappointment, they simply go away silently with in mind the fact that once again a tool I will never have the possibility to use as the "normal" people). Silently, because complaints are generally totally useless and tiring for no result, and that's why there is so few impaired persons who complain (we are rarely heard)... and also that's why it is so difficult for the other people, "normal" and sat at their chair at thousands of kilometers, to appreciate the sadness (and the number which is not at all negligible) of so many people who can't access to the same tools as "everybody". And the glasses don't correct everything... especially they never correct the problems of colors blindness or the glaucoma (the size or bold type of some characters is important too, yes). Without a correct ability to skin a plug-in or to tweak colors everywhere (or almost) in that tool... a person having an although so common impairment like a color blindness (daltonism) has so many difficulties to use that tool that he ends up abandoning.

To spend a time in the color tweak abilities and in the size (or bold type) of characters is much more important than could be thought. Especially the most comprehensive possible color tweak abilities because the good choice of colors by the user himself can make readable for his eyes things which are sometimes even small.

Thank you Jo :tu: for having understood that this aspect of the things is much much much more important than it seems at first sight!... Especially for a DAW (which is the base on which everything works, as the foundations of a house) or for a bundle of several great instruments like Mux (what a sadness to not be able to see correctly some elements very important of the tool, which leads always quite quickly to a definitive abandon of the tool). And especially for impaired persons who must struggle all throughout their life to be able to live as everybody and have access to more or less the same choice of tools in their life.

Return to “MUTOOLS”