Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote:Hi Uncle E - how long will the Tone2 sale last? In addition, does the BOGO automatically happen if you add both to the cart, or do you need a special coupon code?
It goes until January 6. There is a rebate form you'll need to fill out and send to Best Service, you can find it here:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jrrs ... rebate.pdf

btw, thank you for asking, I didn't realize that I'd forgotten to add the rebate link to the Tone2 pages. I'm adding it now.

u-he Presswerk will cost $64 using the voucher ?
Yep, that's what I bought it for.

Ok, I have 2 very important questions for you:

1. For how long is AAS running their holiday sale, 50% off synths and sound banks, do you know?

2. In your opinion, which AAS VA-2, VS-2 and/or Chromaphone sound bank is a "must buy" during the sale?

No need to post promotional images in bargain thread:
TommyBear wrote:Image

Thanks for the info about the code.

I have hungered for Nevo Analogue Machines for some time, for £35,6 I just couldn't resist anymore
_emanon_ wrote:Samplephonics - 60% off everything
http://www.samplephonics.com/

Use code XMS14
http://www.musictech.net/2014/03/sample ... es-review/

Mmmm, think I would prefer to get Epica first, Numanoid, but you probably already have it?

In general Musictech and Musicradar give almost everything top rating. The lowest rating I have seen was above average on their scales. Sound on Sound is more serious.

Fleer wrote:Mmmm, think I would prefer to get Epica first, Numanoid, but you probably already have it?
"First food, then morals" meaning the price does the talking :oops:

I have bought lots of stuff from Zero-G over the years, but nothing from Samplephonics, and am therefore also little curious to check out their stuff in detail.

But no doubt should Epica ever be on £35 special, I shall pick it up 8)

Absolutely right, Numanoid :phones:
Last edited by Fleer on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dirty Modular is also tempting, as it costs £48 with the rebate, but that hasn't got so good reviews, and when there are no demos to try out.....

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... lar-606795

If you are going to spend some $$ on something like Dirty Modular you might want to take a look at Synth Magic and Tronsonic's System1000m which does get good reviews. I can verify that it sounds pretty good.

I have Epica and have wanted to add Nevo to my Kontakt library. Now is the time.

It is funny. I have become much more interested in Kontakt libraries / instruments over the last several months; much more than analog emulators and physical modeling. I suppose it is just different...
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Hans25 wrote:In general Musictech and Musicradar give almost everything top rating. The lowest rating I have seen was above average on their scales. Sound on Sound is more serious.
I have observed this as well. I prefer to read the words.

I have learned over time that Musicradar / Computer Music does give sufficient review to give me a good idea. I have also noticed that CM does not appear to be opposed to give low ratings to sample sets that are sub-par.

A similar thing works for Gamespot for me for games. The site's reviews are usually sufficiently in depth to help me filter out the stinkers from the closet classics.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:If you are going to spend some $$ on something like Dirty Modular you might want to take a look at Synth Magic and Tronsonic's System1000m which does get good reviews. I can verify that it sounds pretty good.

I have Epica and have wanted to add Nevo to my Kontakt library. Now is the time.
I already got System1000m. That is most def a no brainer, especially now during the sale.

Spent a couple of hours with Nevo now, another no brainer at the price. Lots of content, and a GUI that I find suiting me well. Especially I like the novel chord selector, haven't seen that many times before.

Also bagged Hive for €61,23 Feel it is a good investment :)

Got a better deal paying in Euros than Dollar, not bad for a change 8)

pekadan wrote:Ok, I have 2 very important questions for you:

1. For how long is AAS running their holiday sale, 50% off synths and sound banks, do you know?

2. In your opinion, which AAS VA-2, VS-2 and/or Chromaphone sound bank is a "must buy" during the sale?
1. dunno. if you really need to know, they're very quick and friendly with the e-mails

2. I'd scoop up all the Richard Devine libraries. That cat is on another level. And, fittingly enough, he's got a library for each of the 3 AAS instruments you've mentioned. I haven't heard his new one, Abstractions for VA-2, but Harmonic Geometry for VS-2 and Microsound for Chromaphone are both fantastic, and they're absolute steals at $19.50 each.

d/l the free "Swatches" sound library and the AAS player, if you haven't already. you can play/preview 8 patches from each AAS sound library, except the newest one, Abstractions.

Also, Chromakey from Audio Thing is an excellent Chromaphone library (it's my second-fave, behind Microsound), and it's very cheap (€12, and they've got a 20% off everything deal at the moment).

http://www.audiothing.net/patches/chromakey/

For €9.60, that's another steal!
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”