sail cover (Quite Diferent)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just different....or maybe the norm. :shrug:

https://soundcloud.com/sonic_arts/awoln ... mrme-cover

Good job. Very dark and intense. I checked out the AWOLNATION original and I prefer your version.

Perhaps your mix accentuates the highs and mid-range with not enough bass?

Shall I fill the low end? Thought it had a hollow, but yet comfortable feel.

mr.me wrote:Shall I fill the low end? Thought it had a hollow, but yet comfortable feel.
I feel there's a frequency imbalance. Perhaps someone else will chime in on this.

I like the changeup, but I feel like the syncopation of the lyrics can be awkward at times. In terms of the frequency balance, it sounds like it has a little too much trebley mids, maybe 5-8kHz.

Thanks guys...and I am taking notes. :)

Think that I might have it sorted now...a bit of tweaking and arranging.

Frantz wrote:Good job. Very dark and intense. I checked out the AWOLNATION original and I prefer your version.

Perhaps your mix accentuates the highs and mid-range with not enough bass?
I agree. Though a cool tune (the original) it's a little bit "samey" with some of the other techniques being used in pop music. This was nicely done, man, I wish I could sing :cry:

Thanks man. :)

bubble up. just in case.

I havn't heard the original, but this is good. I listened to the first mix at the weekend on my tablet and some tiny speakers. I didn't like the frequency balance too much then, but that could have been down to my tiny speakers. Listening tonight at home it sounds better, but that may be due to the changes referred to above. This sounds more Gorillaz than NIN :wink:

Good work :)
Last edited by seismic1 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is a great track. I don't know the original, but you've created a really nice piece. Listening under less than ideal conditions atm, but I'd say the mix is still biased toward the mid high... not necessarily a huge deal unless you're after more balance.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”