Not recognizing all my VST

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason bitwig just doesnt recognize all i have in my VST folder...ie kontakt, sylenth1, massive, etc are not recognized, yet in FL they are. Same .dll location, you can be assured that. Am I missing something here ?

Maybe need to delete catche...
Follow these steps

MacOS: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Bitwig/Bitwig Studio/index (delete the index folder)
/Users/your_username/Library/Caches/Bitwig/vst-metadata (delete this file)

Windows: C:\Users\your_username/AppData/Local/BitwigStudio/index (delete the index folder)
C:\Users\your_username/AppData/Local/BitwigStudio/cache/vst-metadata (delete this file)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

awesome that worked...new little problem : ) I add polysynth and open up piano roll and when I click on a note, it brings me right back into another tracks clip view @ the bottom...and drags out the note I click...woa....?

nvm i fixed that guess I have to make a slot in the playlist on its track before i touch a piano roll key...

It looks like Bitwig is gathering up errors on most of my VSTs....I see things like metadata errors and so forth...rescan does nothing, either does independent processing...

- The different ways of loading plugins have no influence on plugin functionality, the difference is only what happens if a plugin crashes - either each plugin can crash individually without influencing all others, or all 32/64 Bit plugins crash together or the ones with the same bit depth as your system run directly in the audio engine and if one of them crashes the engine crashes as well.

- If your plugins crash repeatedly, they may simply not be compatible with Bitwig Studio.
Be sure to use the latest versions.

You can send a list of those plugins together with the output of Preferences -> Plug-in management -> Show errors found with plugins (scroll down) -> Copy errors to clipboard to tech-support:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thank you...

@odix
if u intall a Plugin, the path for some pluggs are scattered on the hdd and will not find the essential files for running perfect, make issues...i have this problem, not fixed yet.

####
i have a other problem about....DLL-files (VST) who readand intalled by FLStudio (wrapped on OSX) can´t use by BWS...don´t know why...
is there misunderstandung thing about "VST-files" and "dll-files" who are VST´s?

So there are maybe Supersynthesizer.vst or Supersynthesizer.dll

VST is for MAC but all my Plugins are in *.dll installed with FLStudio...can i use *.dll-container in bws?

Cheers

Not sure how it works, but all *.dlls on install should have their installed dependencies written into some sort of config associated with the .dll - so you should be able to open any VST in any DAW. If its not setup like that I would be surprised. So I think its mainly a bigwig issue on how to handle the .dll, rather than the VSTs fault @ this point. More and more seems to be working as more versions become available, like Kontakt for instance. So I think its Bitwigs side, more or less.

Not sure, i read about VST´s for Win is only for Windows, Mac can´t work with dll´s.

In fact:

if i download a MAC plugin (a vst instrument or fx) so it named *.VST, all Windows Plugins ending with *.dll
MAC = vst (not working in WIN)
WIN = dll (not working in MAC)
But both are VST´s or VST´i

So this is my point ^^

Return to “Bitwig”