Presswerk 1.0 Release Candidate 1

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote:Out of curiosity, which plugins don't do this?
I guess I always hit shift if I want to fine tune so never ran into this, but I would have thought most plugins in fact exhibited the 'minor annoyance' behaviour.
I've certainly used plug-ins that does it "the right way", but I can't mention one off the top of my head right now.

And even if other plug-ins don't do it "the right way", it's still way better UX to have it work like I suggest. :) It's just more fluid. :)
I make music like I play Tekken; randomly push buttons and hope for something good to happen.

Yep, that's still on our ever growing todo list. We currently determine the mode at mouse down, and it doesn't change thereafter.

A change would involve changing this for all control objects, of which we have 30+ different ones. It therefore involves a lot of restructuring and work, which we might be able to get into next year.

Urs wrote:Yep, that's still on our ever growing todo list. We currently determine the mode at mouse down, and it doesn't change thereafter.

A change would involve changing this for all control objects, of which we have 30+ different ones. It therefore involves a lot of restructuring and work, which we might be able to get into next year.
Sweet, it's just that little extra touch that makes life a slight bit easier, but it's certainly not something mission critical. :)
I make music like I play Tekken; randomly push buttons and hope for something good to happen.

TBAAV wrote:
I guess I always hit shift if I want to fine tune so never ran into this, but I would have thought most plugins in fact exhibited the 'minor annoyance' behaviour.
I've certainly used plug-ins that does it "the right way", but I can't mention one off the top of my head right now.
Just found one (or a few rather) - the FabFilter plug-ins work like I mention. :)

TBAAV wrote:
TBAAV wrote:
Just found one (or a few rather) - the FabFilter plug-ins work like I mention. :)
Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Could someone say me when expires the Beta Tester License? Thanks

Turello wrote:Could someone say me when expires the Beta Tester License? Thanks
31 DEC?

Did you get rid of the La-2A and 1176 views? I know there were people complaining that they didnt sound like emulations but I loved the familiarity of the controls

Yeah that was removed several prereleases ago.

CeeLopez wrote:Did you get rid of the La-2A and 1176 views? I know there were people complaining that they didnt sound like emulations but I loved the familiarity of the controls
Yes, we took them out - for now.

The concept needed more work, so we're going to add alternative views later. Some might still look like vintage views, but generally we would like to add views that are optimized for certain purposes, e.g. "drum tracking".

Hi,

i still have the "problem" that the step width when using the mousewheel to change values is quite inconsistent, e.g. on the input knob, one mousewheel step translates to +/-0.61dB, on the output knob however to +/-0.45dB, on the Level (makeup gain) it is +/-0.3dB, threshold and sidechain again 0.45dB. This is Rev 3262 on Win7 64 bit, regardless of host (Cubase/VSThost). Seems to be related to the range of the respective knob, always ~0.75% of the maximum range.
Not really a big problem, just a bit irritating and not what I expect and especially on the in/out knobs a tad annoying as i like to make my preliminary level matching with those.
Satin's in/out knob for example have a fixed step width of +/-0.4dB for mouse wheel regardless of the maximum value...

fese wrote:Hi,

i still have the "problem" that the step width when using the mousewheel to change values is quite inconsistent, e.g. on the input knob, one mousewheel step translates to +/-0.61dB, on the output knob however to +/-0.45dB, on the Level (makeup gain) it is +/-0.3dB, threshold and sidechain again 0.45dB. This is Rev 3262 on Win7 64 bit, regardless of host (Cubase/VSThost). Seems to be related to the range of the respective knob, always ~0.75% of the maximum range.
Not really a big problem, just a bit irritating and not what I expect and especially on the in/out knobs a tad annoying as i like to make my preliminary level matching with those.
Satin's in/out knob for example have a fixed step width of +/-0.4dB for mouse wheel regardless of the maximum value...
We're going to completely rewrite our knobs and how they handle the different value ranges. This wasn't anything we could fix quickly :oops:

Yeah, I think it makes sense to have things move in 1.0 steps all the time, and .1 or .01 steps with Shift held.

As I am not able to differentiate between .1 or even .01 steps on a dB scale, I'll be totally satisfied with 0.5dB steps. Maybe on time based knobs like attack or release that makes more sense.
Anyway, glad to hear the knob thing will be attacked :oops:

Return to “u-he”