NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zlatan wrote:Almost all new software releases (including paid upgrades) that we buy are beta versions.
No they are not. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression that I need schooling on how software works. I've been a private beta tester on a lot of software and have purchased a lot more.......
zlatan wrote:I think Replika is a very generous and beautiful christmas present that probably will replace a lot of instances of Timeless , H3000 , Sigmund and Lexicon in my productions.
That crashes like a drunken teenager if you use more than one instance........I'm not upgrading my video driver to find out if that fixes the problem just for a delay however nice because I own a ton of them already. If Kontakt stops working sometime in the future because of their new gui scheme then yes I'd bother.

I thanked N.I. for their generosity and complimented the sound of the plugin. You don't need to defend them in any way............ :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

zvenx wrote:Was just trying to help. So you know, cubase 8 and this works great at my end.
Rsp
Oh I know and thanks again! I'll just have to wait to see what NI does with the bugs. :)

No_Use wrote: Cannot confirm here with latest Reaper (Win 8.1 x64, Reaper x32)
No problems with opening multiple instances.
The difference is my studio computer is on Win 7 64 Bit Reaper 64 bit. I installed the latest Reaper update today but shut down before seeing if that fixes the issue. I doubt that it does but I'll find out tomorrow. One would think a graphics issue would occur on a single instance not just multiple instances so this seems like it could be another issue. A clue is that the crash did not occur until the plugins received audio input.Two instances could exist side by side without a crash as long as no audio was being routed.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

VitaminD wrote:
zvenx wrote:Was just trying to help. So you know, cubase 8 and this works great at my end.
Rsp
Oh I know and thanks again! I'll just have to wait to see what NI does with the bugs. :)
If I were you, I would report the bug with your system specs on their feedback thread.
please and thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote:
No_Use wrote: Cannot confirm here with latest Reaper (Win 8.1 x64, Reaper x32)
No problems with opening multiple instances.
The difference is my studio computer is on Win 7 64 Bit Reaper 64 bit. I installed the latest Reaper update today but shut down before seeing if that fixes the issue. I doubt that it does but I'll find out tomorrow. One would think a graphics issue would occur on a single instance not just multiple instances so this seems like it could be another issue. A clue is that the crash did not occur until the plugins received audio input.Two instances could exist side by side without a crash as long as no audio was being routed.
Now that's a good hint.
To be honest I just quickly checked if multiple instances open ok, but didn't route any audio through.

Did this now and can confirm the immediate crash here also.

Teksonik wrote:
zlatan wrote:Almost all new software releases (including paid upgrades) that we buy are beta versions.
No they are not. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression that I need schooling on how software works. I've been a private beta tester on a lot of software and have purchased a lot more.......
I have no doubt that you're an absolute software expert ,but you must have missed notorious "beta" hits like ableton live , bitwig , iris 2 etc ..and ofcourse pre paid beta concepts like The Drop , Presswerk etc. that we all love to support. My point is NI could have easily done a similar thing with Replika , because it's that good.

Teksonik wrote:
zlatan wrote:I think Replika is a very generous and beautiful christmas present that probably will replace a lot of instances of Timeless , H3000 , Sigmund and Lexicon in my productions.
That crashes like a drunken teenager if you use more than one instance........I'm not upgrading my video driver to find out if that fixes the problem just for a delay however nice because I own a ton of them already. If Kontakt stops working sometime in the future because of their new gui scheme then yes I'd bother.

I thanked N.I. for their generosity and complimented the sound of the plugin. You don't need to defend them in any way............ :roll:
I'm not defending them in any way ...I'm just thankful and want to point out that your information is false.
I can run as many instances as I like without a crash.

At least mention that it's most likely your machine/os/gpu that can't handle the latest technology.

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/

Might be useful to some running older GPU's to check if the OpenGL requirements for Replika are met.

H-Delay has generally been my go to delay with Timeless 2 stepping in for more complex tasks. This just might replace H-Delay for me. Time will tell.

More filter options in the premium version? :)

This thing is very nice. I'm definitely interested if they have "pro" version because as is, it's already very powerful. I'm very surprised to have this as a freebie, but I am not complaining.

I don't believe this will replace anything, as I have already narrowed down my workhorse choices to (not in any particular order) Timeless 2, Bloom, Dubstation and Dub Machines (M4L). I actually passed on Echoboy, even though it would have streamlined a few of my workflows to get similar results. With that said, comparatively speaking, this could easily have it's own place. Yes there's overlap in resulting sound, but there's also some unique sounds from Replika to be able to justify using this along the others.

Great plugin but confirm a crash with two instances running. Don’t think a GT version will sway me to break my Australia tax boycott.

Wow wasn't expecting it to be this nice. doesn't crash for me even opening/using 2 instances, win7 64-bit with 32-bit FL Studio. Will definitely be getting use out of it (just got PSP 85 recently, the sound compares well)

Had a quick spin, really impressed by this plug!

If you set delay to 0, normal, "modern" mode, you can use it as a saturator, use the lo/hi cut and the feedback as tone control and blend with mix...

also can use as a phaser or filter.... sounds great! :)

if the "GT" version would be as I imagine and won't have a "greedy" or whatever price this would be very worth considering....

Thanks to NI for the freebie! :tu:

Another very cool freebie from NI.

Thanks NI!

Don't works on my Windows 8.1 laptop and I can't install on my own DAW (Windows XP SP3) cause I haven't an internet connection... What matters to make the NI center (and various other iLock\copy protections) on a free plugins? So sad...

Hmmm..i can confirm that since i isntalled it and used it i have weird crashes. I see some other people also have these issues. I'll try to check NI forum and report there..

Return to “Effects”