Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

There seems to be a bug in the current Beta 1.0.3 - the modulation assignments in the GUI are not reflected by the slider values in the matrix, they all default to center position although they actually work, only the little blue dot is at the correct position in the Marix, but not the sliders with their orange bars.

Hi, is this with beta 2 or beta 3 which I think was released last night?
rsp
sound sculptist

Sampleconstruct wrote:There seems to be a bug in the current Beta 1.0.3 - the modulation assignments in the GUI are not reflected by the slider values in the matrix, they all default to center position although they actually work, only the little blue dot is at the correct position in the Marix, but not the sliders with their orange bars.
This error only happens from Matrix slot 17 upwards, so it is related to the 16 additional matrix slots introduced in whatever Beta before.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:There seems to be a bug in the current Beta 1.0.3 - the modulation assignments in the GUI are not reflected by the slider values in the matrix, they all default to center position although they actually work, only the little blue dot is at the correct position in the Marix, but not the sliders with their orange bars.
This error only happens from Matrix slot 17 upwards, so it is related to the 16 additional matrix slots introduced in whatever Beta before.

Hi,

I can confirme this and have posted it to the Serum Forum at xfer-site.
I think Steve will fix it with the next beta. (should be than v1.0.3 b4).

Yes, I'll be fixing this today in fact, thanks for the heads up in the Serum forum!

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

bitcrusher wrote:Yes, I'll be fixing this today in fact, thanks for the heads up in the Serum forum!

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
Great, thank's!

Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Beta 4 is already up now :-)
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Working on a fresh set for Serum now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovpkJ6GpMGk

Sampleconstruct wrote:Working on a fresh set for Serum now
Sounds wonderful. I've been really enjoying the flange filters lately for making anything from super squealy feedback to super gooey pudding. They're lovely.

Greg Houston wrote:super gooey pudding
Ha, that's a great term :D

And thank's.

Greg Houston wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Working on a fresh set for Serum now
Sounds wonderful. I've been really enjoying the flange filters lately for making anything from super squealy feedback to super gooey pudding. They're lovely.
Super gooey pudding, also know as SGP, is a type of mental perceptive shift that only occurs due to certain synth sounds when played at various altitudes and frequencies while spouting various platitudes.

Its one of those freak anomalies scientist categorize as, synthetic sonic pudding, or sonic delicious dessert (SDD).

Some fresh Serum music, 100% Serum:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -for-serum

I just treated myself to an early holiday gift and bought AudioFinder, the Mac database, and have been extraordinarily impressed with how deep and useful it is. One great feature is that after locating and adding all your sound files, you can drag/drop into another audio app. I've been going thru all the single-cycle waves (AKWF and Galbanum) I have, which in looped form are easy to listen to in AudioFInder, and drag into Serum frames to create wavetables. Very fast, easy combination, highly recommended.

Can somebody explain to me how to use the mod wheel to control 1 octave of course pitch?

I've tried setting the course pitch to 12, and different values for the mod amount. Also used both course pitch and mast.tun as mod destinations, but I'm not getting an octave. It's either more or less, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong :oops:

I can do it with the pitch bend range, but wanted it as a mod wheel special effect, whilst retaining a normal pitch bend range (2 semi). A preset will do, if that's easier for you. Thanks.

(using 1.03 b4)

Return to “Instruments”