Kontakt - Trigger more zones with one key

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed in some Libraries that pressing a single key trigger many other keys. Such here: I'm triggering only one key; notice the red vertical long line that triggers multiple zones:
Immagine.png
how can they do this? Scripting? Or is there a fast/common user way?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scripting, yep.

EvilDragon wrote:Scripting, yep.
Oh, so I can achieve this only with scripting, ok! Thank you.

Another question: why samples into the Wave Editor - > Sample Editor can't be edited? I mean, if I open a Factory library for example (Urban Beats, Coral) and I try to select a region of a sample, than Fade In and/or Silence, it does nothing. Are they locked? How can I unlock them?

Kontakt Player libraries have locked sample content, you cannot edit the samples.

EvilDragon wrote:Kontakt Player libraries have locked sample content, you cannot edit the samples.
Oh, I see! Thank you!

And what if I want to export and/or replace a sample for that zone?

For export, can I only play and record it with my DAW? Or is there a fast way?
And for replace, can I only delete and re-import it?

You can replace the samples with your own, that shouldn't be a problem. Right-click the zone>Exchange sample. Exporting is only possible by recording it in a DAW, yeah.

EvilDragon wrote:Right-click the zone>Exchange sample.
Nothing happens if I right click on the zone :? Where am I wrong?

EDIT: oh, you mean in the Mapping Editor, not over the Waveform preview in the Wave Editor. Now I got it, thanks.

However, how can the most used Sampler in the world has not an Export function? It's one of the feature basic of a sampler :)

Nowhk wrote:
However, how can the most used Sampler in the world has not an Export function? It's one of the feature basic of a sampler :)
I believe he meant in the {free} Kontakt Player you can't. IE: what with it being free, you aren't additionally given the keys to the proprietary content.

This is via right-click in the real Kontakt. 'patch & samples' is available via the subsequent dialog.

It is saved as .ncw
I'd like to got the .wav, so I can open in other Editors/DAW. As EvilDragon said, this seems impossible?

In Kontakt Player, you can't. In full Kontakt, you can save the patch as patch+samples, and untick "Compress samples", you'd get WAV from NCW then.

Oh I see. Didn't know thanks.

BUT, the problem now is that when exported, the path of that group's samples change to the new exported path, which I don't want! That must be a "temp" folder where I export samples and I edit as I want.

Did you also notice this? Is there a way to prevent this?

Make sure you have "Absolute sample paths" unticked in the save dialog.

EvilDragon wrote:Make sure you have "Absolute sample paths" unticked in the save dialog.
Uhm... that option is available only with "patch only":
Immagine.png
I'm using patch+samples (as discussed above).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So, change to Patch only, change the checkbox, go back to patch+samples.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:So, change to Patch only, change the checbox, go back to patch+samples.
Nothing change. If I move the folder where I've exported the patches+sample elsewhere and I reopen the project, I can't load those samples anymore :(

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”