Arturia's new plugins : Solina V and Matrix 12V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Matrix 12 V2 Solina V2

hakey wrote:
fmr wrote:in that thread, 10 guessed right, 28 guessed wrong
Yep. With an accurate emulation we'd expect a split that was much closer to 50/50.
You think less people mistaking the software for hardware indicates the software's more accurate? :shrug:

You think less people mistaking the software for hardware indicates the software's more accurate?
For a theoretically perfect emulation there would be no audible difference between the sound samples, so the frequency distribution of guesses would be an even split. That the result is far from an even split - almost 1 to 3 - indicates that there is an audible difference.

If the goal is to demonstrate that Arturia's JP8 is an accurate emulation, this is a bad test to cite.

hakey wrote:
You think less people mistaking the software for hardware indicates the software's more accurate?
For a theoretically perfect emulation there would be no audible difference between the sound samples, so the frequency distribution of guesses would be an even split.
But no analog synth can make the same sound twice (100% exact), so how could an accurate emulation make that same sound for exact comparison? :wink:

T-CM11 wrote:
hakey wrote:
For a theoretically perfect emulation there would be no audible difference between the sound samples, so the frequency distribution of guesses would be an even split.
But no analog synth can make the same sound twice (100% exact), so how could an accurate emulation make that same sound for exact comparison? :wink:
^THIS^
Fernando (FMR)

I'd ask myself if one or the other of the A/B comparos wasn't fit for my own music. In my case, the emulation is more than good enough. Beyond that, I don't know anyone personally that would listen and say "Man, that sounds a little off". I understand the discussion, it just doesn't matter to me personally, I suppose. Jmtc.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

^^What kind of a split would you expect if the same synth were A/B'd against itself?

hakey wrote:^^What kind of a split would you expect if the same synth were A/B'd against itself?
In the 80s:
100% this is the real synth -vs- Emulation? Wtfbbq? You've been watching too much dr. who on acid. :D

Hi all,

I'm afraid I haven't had time today to do everything I said I would, apologies for that. I got round to doing the oscillator recordings and a big old filter sweep (which will all be posted right away), but I didn't get round to preset comparison, which is more interesting really. Unfortunately this is my last day at Arturia so I won't be able to do it but I have asked our in-house sound designer to get on it next week and I will badger him until he gets it done, that a promise!

Happy holidays to you all!

Toby@Arturia wrote:Unfortunately this is my last day at Arturia
:o What happened? I was excited that finally there was someone at Arturia who cared about users.

Frantz wrote:
Toby@Arturia wrote:Unfortunately this is my last day at Arturia
:o What happened? I was excited that finally there was someone at Arturia who cared about users.

you're right, I do care about you and dude trust me there are loads of people at Arturia who also care about you, it's just really hard to get it right all the time! In terms of guys on Forum's you want to get in touch with Kevin and Ben, they are very active so you should be able to get answers fairly quickly. Briefly just so you know I am not leaving for any obscure reason, I just fancied a change and am going to work in the virtual reality industry, should be pretty good!

Toby@Arturia wrote:Briefly just so you know I am not leaving for any obscure reason, I just fancied a change and am going to work in the virtual reality industry, should be pretty good!
That does sound exciting. Our loss in the synth world. Good luck in your new position.

Frantz wrote:
Toby@Arturia wrote:Briefly just so you know I am not leaving for any obscure reason, I just fancied a change and am going to work in the virtual reality industry, should be pretty good!
That does sound exciting. Our loss in the synth world. Good luck in your new position.

you're too kind, and thank you!

Frantz wrote:
The crude colours of reality impose themselves over the thin curtain of fantasy :(

Good luck on your new job. Too bad for us. Hope someone else from Arturia take over on this subject. I was feeling good about it. :)
Fernando (FMR)

Are a real Minimoog or even Monark's ADS envelopes as... inaccurate timingwise as Mini V? Setting a delay to 1000 ms gives a delay that's closer to 4 seconds. The iPad port of Mini has the same behavior so I'm assuming it's as intended but man does it make it difficult to match patches or set up bpm-synced envelopes.

The Prophet V in contrast comes much closer to what's on the tooltip. Haven't tested other synths yet.

Return to “Instruments”