NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To d-s-m (and others), if the crashes you see with the plugin are in any way related to your graphics hardware or drivers, waiting for an update from NI won't most likely won't help. If NI is moving on to rendering their graphics on the graphics chip (which is great because it frees up the CPU to focus on audio processing) then you have to make sure your hardware does its job.

It's basically like having crackles or other probs with your audio interface... you don't wait for a fix from the plugin vendor in that case either, instead you'll try to get the latest drivers for your Fireface or Motu or whatever.

I can easily make the plugin crash by opening the UI of multiple instances at once, too, and my graphics card driver is up to date (NVIDIA GTX 570, latest WHQL driver 344.75). My system isn't exactly ancient (i7 2600k, Win 8.1, latest Reaper, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 with latest driver). I'm hoping for a quick fix.

zvenx wrote:For those with multiple instances problems in Reaper, can you kindly try one thing.
Can you see if it still crashes when only one Replika Gui is open at a time?
This seems to be a working temporary work around until a permanent fix is released.
thanks
rsp
If only one UI is open it seems to run fine.

Bad news then, if my graphics hardware just isn't up to it. Will be a pity if NI do all their products like this from now on. I don't intend to get a new computer for the forseeable. Oh wellll

paterpeter wrote:
zvenx wrote:For those with multiple instances problems in Reaper, can you kindly try one thing.
Can you see if it still crashes when only one Replika Gui is open at a time?
This seems to be a working temporary work around until a permanent fix is released.
thanks
rsp
If only one UI is open it seems to run fine.
Thanks for confirmation.
This I think will be the work around until a fix is released.
thanks again for the verification.
rsp
sound sculptist

I'm sorry to hear that some are experiencing problems with Replika.

I took it for a spin on my rig (Cubase 7.5 running in Win 7) and honestly thought it was one of the best delay plugs around. Not just for a freebie, but it really competes with the payware. I've got Timeless2, Rob Papen's delay, Nomad's Echoes, Ubiks, and IK's new T-Racks, along with the usual shedload of included pedals and DAW ware. Replika, to my ear, really does bring something new to the table. The diffusion effects are really quality and can stand in for many types of reverb. The delays are crisp and easily editable, and the options settings are quite useful. Although I did have a good chuckle at the "vintage digital" label. Have we now evolved to a point where there is such a thing?

Regardless, I really like this one. Very useful and inspiring. Well done.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

goddammit !

I am currently mixing some songs from the band and now I need to redo all the Vocals FX, cause it just sounds so much better with Replika .g.

No crashes, no glitches, nothing weird at all for me.

I don't get the reluctance to update video drivers. But then, I'm a gamer, I'm used to it. "I'm not going to do it for just this one plugin that crashes" is a completely bizarre attitude to me. The bug isn't in the plugin, it's in the old driver.

And some graphics drivers can be very buggy.

foosnark wrote:No crashes, no glitches, nothing weird at all for me.

I don't get the reluctance to update video drivers. But then, I'm a gamer, I'm used to it. "I'm not going to do it for just this one plugin that crashes" is a completely bizarre attitude to me. The bug isn't in the plugin, it's in the old driver.
As I said: I'm using NVIDIA's latest drivers (344.75) as I'm a gamer myself. I still get crashes. So I dare to say that the bug is in the plugin.

no crashes here so far.

Win7 64 bit
Reaper 64bit

After reading about the issues that some users have, I made sure I have latest drivers for my AMD graphic card installed (AMD has a tool that helps you check and install if necessary) and I let the Replika plugin run as a separate process in Reaper.

What a wonderful freebie! Makes my pain less, having not gotten h-delay when it was on sale. :D

paterpeter wrote:

As I said: I'm using NVIDIA's latest drivers (344.75) as I'm a gamer myself. I still get crashes. So I dare to say that the bug is in the plugin.
The reaper multi instances one I am pretty sure is a plugin bug.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
paterpeter wrote:

The reaper multi instances one is a plugin bug.
rsp
I might have missed that we are talking about different bugs here, sorry about that.

I really wonder if Replika "GT" would have the possibility to pitch delays... (at least a down 5 semi-tones or something if not a full octave...)

I mean... if they offer this much with the simple version, what would the feature set be for the "GT" one?
I bet it'll have time modulation too.... ahh... those sweet slightly chorused delays :dreamy:

Return to “Effects”