Another Waves Codex Failure Story

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, was going to demo it, first they force me to reveal my email, log in to get a free demo, then I have to download licensing for the free demo. uh yeah.....

Sure is attractive! I sure want this!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I've had the same problem and my observation is that the host is scanning the waveshell plugin and asking for the location of the specific waves plugin you're trying to install. When you install Waves, it asks you which plugins you want to install.. If you didn't pick the plugin(s) in question there, then the binaries for that plugin aren't on the machine (only the shell is) and you'll get this prompt. Clicking to activate the plugin on the website and sending to the license to your machine doesn't download the actual plugin binaries/files, just the license.

So:
1. Click to "download" the plugin(s) on the website that you want. This makes them appear in license center
2. Cast the license on to you machine with the license center
3. Install the desired plugins with the installer
4. Scan in your host

If Waves is already installed or if you want to add plugins later, I've found that re-running the installer on step 3 and selecting the right plugins work fine. The only option from control panel is to uninstall which is not necessary.

Dorky design, but.. ok.

Just get a mac. It just works. Stop all the torturous nonsense. Windows was never meant to be used by guys like us. It was meant to be the cheapest option for large corporate America.

Dasheesh wrote:Just get a mac. It just works. Stop all the torturous nonsense. Windows was never meant to be used by guys like us. It was meant to be the cheapest option for large corporate America.
Yo, you need need to lay off the booze.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I found out that one of my favorite bands use an engineer that works with Windows. Their music brings me much joy. As much as I love their music, though, I can't bear to listen to it anymore because I found out they use a Windows DAW. I thought they were guys like me.

This is not a true story.

yeessssss.... feel your hatred. let it flow through you. Your emotions betray you. Let me show you the true power of the darkside.

Dasheesh wrote:Just get a mac. It just works. Stop all the torturous nonsense. Windows was never meant to be used by guys like us. It was meant to be the cheapest option for large corporate America.
Except every annual new moc os system launch, when nothing works properly, especially for guys like you.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

I see Waves has garnered a few MS haters....lol
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Instruments”