NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
It's basically explained in the official post on the NI forums:

- There are issues caused by old graphics cards or drivers that NI doesn't have any influence on - so go and update your stuff
- Then there are some problems that cause crashes when unplugging, juggling instances etc. and although those might as well be related to 3rd party issues, the solution might come with an update
- Plus there are usually a handful of smaller issues (like in any first release) that will most likely be brushed out with a hotfix soon.

Here's the official thread, actively monitored, post your configuration there if you have issues:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ad.231005/ (http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/replika-official-feedback-and-questions-thread.231005/)

I managed to crash Ableton Live, using nVidia GTX 750 Ti with latest drivers, so it's not limited to old cards or drivers.
It's easy if you know how

Doesnt look like a card/driver issue to me at all.

My money is on shared resources problem, prime suspect being the meter animations since they are activated when the audio comes in and that is exactly when the crashes occur.

(In fact you can see that at the very end of the animation id posted. The first instances meter lights up and freezes, but the second instances meter does nothing, (most likely because it cannot access the image), and then the whole thing goes down.)

Yup, thats definitely it.

If you use 2 instances with different names (like Replika.dll and Replika2.dll) no crash will occur.

Nothing to do with drivers or cards.

(Or at least it doesnt look like it.)

ENV1 wrote:Yup, thats definitely it.

If you use 2 instances with different names (like Replika.dll and Replika2.dll) no crash will occur.

Nothing to do with drivers or cards.

(Or at least it doesnt look like it.)
Which suggested to me a possible Reaper workaround - run each plugin in its own process - so far this seems to be working for me. In fact anyone having problems in Reaper I suggest trying the various firewalling modes - even if you still get some crashes at least it won't be as likely to bring down the host (Bitwig users can do some of this too).

Firewalling didn't stop Reaper crashing for me. Checked my opengl version etc and all up to spec so I'll wait for any updates they come up with, obviously something amiss for so many people to have all these problems. From the few minutes I've managed to spend using it, it seems pretty nice. Maybe nothing groundbreaking if you have a few delays anyway but worthwhile so sincere thanks to NI. I'm just concerned this is 'the future' and we can look forward to similar issues in Reaktor, Guitar Rig etc... ;)

Has anyone informed NI about this? I also just tried inserting a second instance and got an access violation pop up in Fl Studio 32-bit (On Windows 64 bit). I am confident that this will be fixed once NI knows about it...
Play it by ear

Confirmed another bug that was mentioned earlier in similar form:

- Drag DLL into VSTHost, delete instance, drag DLL in again: InstaCrash without errormessage.

Can be reproduced indefinitely, and in this case dragging a renamed DLL in after deleting the first instance makes no difference either, its crashing anyway even if the UI hasnt even been opened.

Think i will pass on this for now and check again when there is an update...

I think there is some kind of issue with the graphics. Opening a single instance with the NI graphics causes a crash here. Opening a single instance with the Reaper default graphics - no crash. I've reported this in the NI feedback thread.

lesha wrote:I managed to crash Ableton Live, using nVidia GTX 750 Ti with latest drivers, so it's not limited to old cards or drivers.
Yeah, I'm up to date here as well.

pheeleep wrote:Has anyone informed NI about this? I also just tried inserting a second instance and got an access violation pop up in Fl Studio 32-bit (On Windows 64 bit). I am confident that this will be fixed once NI knows about it...

NI offer no support for free plugins

Kriminal wrote:
pheeleep wrote:Has anyone informed NI about this? I also just tried inserting a second instance and got an access violation pop up in Fl Studio 32-bit (On Windows 64 bit). I am confident that this will be fixed once NI knows about it...
It's not going to be free for long, just until Dec 31st, then it will be $49
It's easy if you know how

Kriminal wrote:

No but you get free upgrades. If your system is supported and you find honest bugs, just file them to NI so they know what is causing issues. The more stack traces you could send them so they could see what's happening on driver levels and so on, the better.

Crash city on Pro Tools 11 on a Mac.

One instance sounded nice. Two made me want to kill my computer. Very much looking forward to NI working out the kinks in this.

More like RepliKANT, amirte? :hihi:
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

I have latest vga updates. And for the record this is only plugin which is crashing my DAW. I mean literally only one. Apart from the sound which is VERY nice this is unacceptable. Needless to say that not a single other plugin from Komplete series never ever demanded any vga driver update (at least not for me) and it is not crashing anything. Some people here claimed that our computers can't handle latest technologies and because of that Replika is crashing. I guess these are pure idiots, pure as much as they can be.

To say that this is vga driver issue is nothing short of hilarious...

Return to “Effects”