TimeWarp problem with latest OSX OS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
sbangs_air wrote:Sorry for the delay in the demo, we are extending the sale a further 60 days.
When is the end of this 60 days? And what if the timewarp update and demo are still not out by then?

[*]
sbangs_air wrote:We are going to post the refreshed demo shortly (next 24-48 hours) on the Sonivox website stand by.

Has anyone seen this? I do not seem to be able to find it anywhere Sonivox's site.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:[*]
sbangs_air wrote:We are going to post the refreshed demo shortly (next 24-48 hours) on the Sonivox website stand by.

Has anyone seen this? I do not seem to be able to find it anywhere Sonivox's site.
It got delayed multiple times. Which is why I'm still trying to figure out if the demo will be out by the time the sale is over (which was already extended 60 days due to the demo getting delayed).

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:[*]

It got delayed multiple times. Which is why I'm still trying to figure out if the demo will be out by the time the sale is over (which was already extended 60 days due to the demo getting delayed).
Too bad. The synth seems to have a lot of potential, the tone is spot on, but the current demo really makes it hard because it is so glitch-ridden. Doesn't sound too promising for an update or support if they can't even get a demo out since the post in October. :?

Has anyone bought this and compared it to the old demo? If so, is there much improvement?

I admit that the support will be a great hemorrhoids. But what I want to say about TW2600 - always come back to it, comparing it with other va reincarnations. It filters (in high resonance mode) - that is something special. This, such cruelty I have not heard anywhere else. So maybe I'm an idiot but I think even buy it a second time (until there is a discount), in case if i suddenly change my pc hardware in the near future, so will reserve couple licenses for any case. This is a truly unique product, but out of luck with the developer. (But I'm still grateful to him for what he created it)

c_voltage wrote:I admit that the support will be a great hemorrhoids. But what I want to say about TW2600 - always come back to it, comparing it with other va reincarnations. It filters (in high resonance mode) - that is something special. This, such cruelty I have not heard anywhere else. So maybe I'm an idiot but I think even buy it a second time (until there is a discount), in case if i suddenly change my pc hardware in the near future, so will reserve couple licenses for any case. This is a truly unique product, but out of luck with the developer.
Yeah I know what you mean. I am demoing it beside Oddity 2 and there is something about TW2600's tone...sort of like Minimonsta up against Monark. I also like the velocity and aftertouch per parameter. I don't know if I have seen another synth with that feature.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I am demoing it beside Oddity 2 and there is something about TW2600's tone...sort of like Minimonsta up against Monark. I also like the velocity and aftertouch per parameter. I don't know if I have seen another synth with that feature.
I not tryed new Oddity yet, yes need will be try. But for example compared directly with arturia Arp 2600 - excellent functionality, even more feature-rich than a subject (of course not counting velocity and aftertouch per parameter in TW), but filters...NO, unfortunately. It certainly does not prevent him to have a really good pads or sequences, but such ragged malice of high filter resonance experiments like in TW, there will be impossible to get. It's pity. Arturia arp with TW filters it would be a bomb.
But, I might add - there is a chance that I just did not fully understand arturia arp structure yet, also it is likely that the same setting values of both products may differ, dont know. Clarify - for example, in the low frequency range (at high resonance) it (arturia arp) can sounds powerfully too. My complaints related to the high-frequency range only (and a related modulation result).

Damn, occur that i accidentally deleted my early saved presets of TW2600. There was be at least 1 great preset which demonstrate that TW filter work effect about i said above, he generate sound like almost really broken glass! (I created it by accident, from scratch). And i wanted to do the same patch in Arturia Arp - it would be a good stress test for him. And then I planned to demonstrate the likely difference in the sound examples.
But damn, when i install new version of TW, i delete manyally all old content. Tonight was trying to restore them using several programs to recover data from hard disk - nope. :cry:
And I cannot repeat\remember this configuration for that "broken glass" fx. I remember only that it was not difficult in the wires sense, but difficult in the sense of knob positions.
Moreover - now the sound of Arturia Arp filter I do not seem so bad. :neutral:
In general, the situation is really hurtful.
Do not forget to save presets.

Just as an request (to Sonivox or James) - maybe reborn for KikAxxe, imo very interesting product.

c_voltage wrote:Just as an request (to Sonivox or James) - maybe reborn for KikAxxe, imo very interesting product.
+1 It would be great to see. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

What ever happened to the demo of this? Is the sale still on?

Hello, these will now be part of a major update to bring Akai VIP support. Sale is still going.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Will that mean a change in preset format for Air plugins?

aMUSEd wrote:Will that mean a change in preset format for Air plugins?
No change but the back end will automatically populate and integrate with Advance's VIP player directly.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Cool, will that also include user created presets like my Loom bank?

Return to “Instruments”