NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I'm embarrassed. I was all excited and even posted the link at a couple of other sites and it's just a nuisance.

So far it's playing nicely with the other kids in the sandbox VE Pro 5 (OS 10.8.5 on an early 2009 MacPro). I have two instruments sending to two instances of it.
It sounds really good with what I'm using. NICE INTERFACE.

I'm getting the sense that this may be geared better to Mac systems from the problems reported.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:
pheeleep wrote:Has anyone informed NI about this? I also just tried inserting a second instance and got an access violation pop up in Fl Studio 32-bit (On Windows 64 bit). I am confident that this will be fixed once NI knows about it...
NI offer no support for free plugins
Don't read everything they put out there as gospel. I had an issue installing last years Xmas gift and I put in a ticket. I got a response the next day, someone ready to sort me out. I've also seen them state you can't sell Kore Soundpacks, but I requested the serial number deletions and apprised them of the sale, and they did it.

Also I believe they want feedback on this due to technical issues they are talking about at their forum.

ENV1 wrote:Doesnt look like a card/driver issue to me at all.

My money is on shared resources problem, prime suspect being the meter animations since they are activated when the audio comes in and that is exactly when the crashes occur.

(In fact you can see that at the very end of the animation id posted. The first instances meter lights up and freezes, but the second instances meter does nothing, (most likely because it cannot access the image), and then the whole thing goes down.)

This makes the most sense of anything I've read in this thread. To me if it's a driver issue then it would effect a single instance which works just fine here. I think ENV1 has nailed it with the meter animations. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

And i have pretty much confirmed it in the meantime.

Try this:

- Open 2 instances but do not send any audio to them yet

- Set the In and Out sliders of the second instance to 0, (hard left), so there cant be any meter animation

Now send audio to both of them simultaneously. (The second one will obviously be silent.) There should be no crash. Now drag one of the sliders of the second instance to the right so the animation becomes visible. Send audio. The host should go down almost immediately.

(Second instance = the one you loaded last.)

So the meters do in deed seem to be part of the problem. Still there has to be another problem in addition to that since the meter issue does not explain the other issue where closing and reloading the DLL would lead to a crash since the UI doesnt even need to be opened for that to happen nor does it require the presence of a second instance.

edited for clarity
Last edited by ENV1 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

I hate to be captain obvious, but this IS reported, correct? (I wouldn't be able to explain it that well w/o copy/pasting what you just said ;) )

I cannot replicate that crash, there is no problem here.

hibidy wrote:I hate to be captain obvious, but this IS reported, correct? (I wouldn't be able to explain it that well w/o copy/pasting what you just said ;) )
Well i didnt, (except here), but go right ahead.

Im sure theyll be glad about any leads they can get.

jancivil wrote:I cannot replicate that crash, there is no problem here.
What are your system specs ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Heres another animation.

As you can see, no problem with 2 instances as long as the second isnt showing the meter animation.

Soon as i drag the sliders and the second instances animation would be visible, one note and the host goes down.

click to view animation

Working absolutely fine here. Logix X & Yosemite. Multiple instances of Replika and not a whinge to be found.

hibidy wrote:I hate to be captain obvious, but this IS reported, correct? (I wouldn't be able to explain it that well w/o copy/pasting what you just said ;) )
I already linked his post on NI forum.
It's easy if you know how

Awesom :cool:

Teksonik wrote:
jancivil wrote:I cannot replicate that crash, there is no problem here.
What are your system specs ?
Probably very different than yours. It does seem like a GUI response problem, though. My least stable things do GUI moves the system doesn't love...

Host is VE Pro 5.3.13240
OSX 10.8.5

Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Phase47 wrote:Working absolutely fine here. Logix X & Yosemite. Multiple instances of Replika and not a whinge to be found.
Same here on my 2014 6 core Mac Pro, LogiX and 10.10. Sounds bloody marvellous too!

Return to “Effects”