The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Lolz...............

I have one "local" pizza place and you cannot imagine how bad it is. Round Table is good, but it's really expensive. LC's is 6 bucks and it's good enough for a meal.

But I passed anyways.

has it cat meat on it? :D

Rat meat. Fresh from cats :ud:

We have one I swear has mystery meat in it. :scared:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I feel stupid for asking so late into the game but........can you not OD record on a clip you've already recorded onto?

Trying out the demo..

When I move some notes I won't hear the result before i drop them. Can this be changed? I like to adjust timings with the mouse and be able to monitor the result before i let go of the button. Or is there another way to do it.. cheers.
Bitwig

thius is the cats and speculation thread, please ask in the official forum :D

krixa wrote:Trying out the demo..

When I move some notes I won't hear the result before i drop them. Can this be changed? I like to adjust timings with the mouse and be able to monitor the result before i let go of the button. Or is there another way to do it.. cheers.
If you are talking about mousewheel then no it's like live, no mousewheel. Although that isn't entirely true.....eq5 allows for it for "q" but it only has two settings: wide/narrow :?

As for the other I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about drawing notes in and then being able to drag drop with sound? It's not something I've paid any attention to.

I'll give a better explanation.

Say you have some midi notes in a clip that you are editing. If you select them with the mouse and drag them.. and holding shift to not snap to grid (or having snap to grid turned off). You really can't hear the difference until you drop the notes at the new position. What I'd like to do is to hear the changes as i move the notes. Get it? :)
Bitwig

^I'm confused. You say you're adjusting timing of notes? How does it help to hear them as you are moving them around at all then? You'd have to hear them as the pattern is playing to judge their timing.

But when I'm moving a note I hear it as soon as I click down on it.

Of course the pattern is playing..

Say we have a 4/4 kick playing and some 8th note hihats. If you want to fine tune the position of the hihats relative to the kick.. I select the hihats and drag them. But I can't hear any changes until I release the mouse button. But it would be nice to be able to hear where they sound "right" before i let go of the mouse button.

If you don't get it now i have to make a video of it :S
Bitwig

Gotcha. No, I don't think you can change that that, but I agree it would make more sense for it to work like that. Maybe send in a feature request: http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

It's always seemed odd to me that moving something creates a visual copy of while it's moving as well.

you can drag and listen to the note.

He's not talking about the audition feature, that's what threw me off too. He means that when you have a pattern playing and you drag a note to a new position, bitwig doesn't count it as being moved until you release the mouse button and drop it into it's new position. So for example in your gif if your pattern is playing while you are moving the note around Bitwig will play the original c#, instead of whichever note you had currently dragged it to, until the moving is "finalized" and the image of the original position of the note disappears.

He's trying to drag notes a bit out of time to get a certain feel, but he can't experiment very well because he can't hear the note in the position he has dragged it to until he has stopped dragged it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”