One Synth Challenge #70: Ragnarök by Full Bucket and CrimsonWarlock (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

Rcl wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Rcl wrote:it is amazing how expensive living on nothing can be.
That's awesome. Any links / info on this?

More newcomers! awesome, great additions as well!

[/quote]

That's awesome. Any links / info on this?[/quote]

No links really, What info are you interested in?

LuxLucid wrote:More newcomers! awesome, great additions as well!

The pleasure is all mine. What a great outlet for some great minds to play around. I am still quite new to all of this. But I find the camaraderie very inspiring.

I stumbled across the release of Ragnarok several weeks ago. What an interesting story. The fact that Hans had the interest and found Bjorn to help make it a reality.....and then shared with all of us.......

I was in the process of looking at some do it all mammoth synths. I ran across Ragnarok and discovered a whole new world of enjoyment through making sounds at a more fundamental level.

By subscribing to the Ragnarok thread over on Reaper forums, I learned of the OSCs ...How freaking cool!!!!!
You guys are AWESOME!!!!

Rcl wrote:What a great outlet for some great minds to play around. I am still quite new to all of this. But I find the camaraderie very inspiring.
Agreed! Im working on my third entry this month, and this whole thing is pretty effing cool thanks to the people involved. SO glad I stumbled upon it. Ive learned a sh&#t TON from spending more time with single synths - but way more from reading and participating in the threads, listening closely to everybody's work, checking out the patches that people share, listening to suggestions, etc. I'm a Reaper user too and I find those forums really friendly, but this is different - I haven't found anywhere else on the internet where people pay so much attention to what OTHER people are doing - including some really skilled people who actually put effort into listening to the work of newbs like me and critically commenting - priceless! What's the point of making music in a vacuum? Waaay more fun to make music and get into it with a bunch of other people who are really into making music!! :party:

Rcl wrote:I ran across Ragnarok and discovered a whole new world of enjoyment through making sounds at a more fundamental level.
I have found that by working down at this level again (was there in the early 70's with my own kit!), I am now much better at finding just the right sound when working with either more complex synths and FX as well as audio loops. My ear has just got better.

In terms of help and advice - can't fault it, just great - so all you who have helped me out in the last few months, take a pat on the back! :clap:

I just enjoy making music and having a ready made (almost captive) audience who are prepared to listen to the stuff which comes out of my weird and strange mind is great- sometimes liking it, despite the genre (ho ho). :hihi:

And a big welcome from me to all the newcomers. Just chill and enjoy.

dB

Hi everyone!

This is my Decembre's submission.

https://soundcloud.com/carl_saved/to-my-parents

I used
29 instances of Ragnarök in Ableton Live 9,
Audio effects host only:
Compressor
Reverb (modulation disabled)
EQ Eight
Limiter

This little piece of music is dedicated to my parents.
They have done and still do so much good to me,
that I could never pay them back. This piece of music
is only a little sign that they are good to me.

Have a nice Christmas!
And maybe you enjoy that piece of music :-)
I, for myself, really enjoyed this synthesizer.

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say I have updated my track a little - re-balanced it a little to give a bit more space for the percussion.

Enjoy

dB

Man, I'm loving the sounds on these tracks. Keep 'em coming! :)

z.prime wrote:Man, I'm loving the sounds on these tracks. Keep 'em coming! :)
Got to agree with you man. Some awesome sound design going on already - puts mine to shame as I have programmed mine to be in line with the age and vision of the original h/w synth (based on when it was designed), if you know what I mean.

Like you, looking forward to what everyone else is going to produce. Should be another good competition - I say this because you have to work hard to get the sounds you want - but then, this effort is reflected in outstanding tracks.

Yeah! Keep 'em comin'

dB

doctorbob wrote:I have programmed mine to be in line with the age and vision of the original h/w synth (based on when it was designed), if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean :D

The track I'm working on is even more based on the sounds and artists of the era where the original synth was made and used back then 8)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: I know exactly what you mean :D

The track I'm working on is even more based on the sounds and artists of the era where the original synth was made and used back then 8)
Looking forward to hearing that. :D
The mono synth I made was of the "Popcorn" times - it could do that lead sound well. I sold my Honda 50 to buy the parts in 1971 and went to Uni on the bus to finish my D.Phil on "Information Processing in Single Sensory Nerve Cells".

dB

Hi to all,
puuh, a long time away from the OSC, but i will come back :)

Here is a new track from my Rotation Series: Rotation 23 (Philae).
As i first seen the synth and play a bit with the sounds it will be clear: thats a nice synth for
me to make a track ... and the theme Rosetta/Philae ;)

So here is my track:

Songname: Kraftraum - Rotation 23 (Philae)
Host: FL Studio 10.0.9
Ragnarok: 24 Instances

Insert FX:
IxoxDelay x 9, Lightweight Compressor x 2, Loudmax x 15,
Fruity Parametrics Eq2 x 16, Fruity Compressor x 5,
T-Force Trance Gate x 3, Fruity Filter x 2, TAL Reverb II x 1,
Fruity Delay bank x 2, Soundgoodizer x 1

Master FX:
Fruity Parametrics Eq2
Fruity Compressor
Loudmax x 2
(Fruity Spectroman)

Automation: yes

DR: 10
All patches are done from scratch by me.

Enjoy the track and merry Christmas to all and a happy successful 2015!

https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum/kraftr ... -23-philae
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

kraftraum wrote:As i first seen the synth and play a bit with the sounds it will be clear: thats a nice synth for me to make a track
I expected that, as your style is very close to what I like, and obviously what drove me back then to build the hardware Ragnarök. Still, you got some really great sounds from it, as again I would expect from you going from your previous 'rotation' tracks. Great work :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Stellar sound designs guys. After dealing with a bunch of computer issues (had to wipe my drive) I'm looking forward to putting some more love into my track :)

On an aside, anyone check out u-he's highly anticipated Hive beta? I wonder if it'll make January's osc... *cough cough?*

Return to “Instruments”