Display CPU usage

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to see how much CPU is used per track or plugin anywhere in Bitwig?

I agree it would be nice!

there is the DSP indicator on the top, and also the dsp performance graph. Isn`t that enough?

As Suloo said, you have the DSP and Performance graph. If you wanted to find out the CPU usage of a single track, then right click it, copy it to a new project, hit play and you can see the individual tracks usage on the DPS meter.
Formally known as CnuTram.

I know if DSP is high, I notice my computer is working hard, I get dropouts etc. In my projects DSP is always high, so that global DSP meter is not really that useful or have I missed something? What am I supposed to do with that information?

What I would like to know is what tracks consume more CPU compared to others so I know what to optimize and bounce. In Reaper I can see what plugins use what CPU which I find very useful. For example, at the beginning of a project, all is running smoothly, later on when adding more tracks some supersaws etc I get dropouts and things are not running smoothly anymore but can then easily see what tracks I need to bounce or remake using something else if using demanding plugins does not make any difference in the mix.

Today I compared some supersaw VSTs, in Bitwig I could not see that plugin A used 300% more CPU than plugin B. I had to go to Reaper to see that (1,5% vs 0,5% so small numbers but still, could be something else).

Thanks for answering my questions, I appreciate you taking the time and sharing your knowledge!

well, might be usefull then. You could deactivate tracks for now to see wich one is consuming lots of CPU, but there is no way to see it directly like you mean. Please write to techsupport as a feature request.

Return to “Bitwig”