Let's get together to organize patches of freely available synths?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The major problem with freely available synths and a Noob like me is i spend more time in finding sounds rather than making music.

Let's accept it, these synths are a little unorganized!

I mean no offense, these are great synths and ideally i should be learning how to create sounds from scratch (which i am trying to but guess will take time, moreover having ready starting points at disposal is helpful too?)

Today i spent some time trying to figure out a solution and i thought may be we all can organize the sounds and share it with other people here?

these are some of the synth i target

> DEXTED - DX7 , patches for hexter/ dexed

> Synth1

Other synths that i want the sound

There are tonnes of other synths out there. And we are only talking about free ones because umm.... i think we all know why :)

SO HERE IS THE DEAL
Go through the presets, and categorize them in following

CATEGORIES

[*] - Arpeeggiator, sequences
[*] - Bells - church bells and other tight Attack and quick Decay sounds
[*] - FX- swooshes, insects, birds, thunder and other short effects (non instruments sounds)
[*] Bass - bring those dirty basslines in here!
[*] Bass plucked - plucked ones here

[*] Chromatic- Marimba, xylophone and that stuff?
[*] DRUM
[*] Percussion
[*] ORCHESTRAL
[*] PADs
[*] ETHNIC /

NAMING INDIVIDUAL PRESETS - CONVENTION
Please be a little descriptive with names, for example bass write "funky bass" rather than just bass, also in the ending add a genre

for ex-
000 Funky Bass Long - Trance, dance hiphop

I take responsibility to organize whatever patches i have got for DEXED, and will try to share the organized patches here,

I hope my friends here follow suit and help me in getting more from my free VSTs

To get other lists of VSTs check out
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/

PS: May be the people who organize One Synth Challenge might take this up in their hands and do this in a more organized way?

Keeping my fingers crossed! And back to sound hunting Cya!
http://homerecording.guidento.com < my home recording diary.

Maybe you should take a look at Big Tick's Zen preset manager: http://www.bigtickaudio.com/zen/about-zen
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

tried it. but did nt impress much.
http://homerecording.guidento.com < my home recording diary.

priyankeshu wrote:tried it. but did nt impress much.
Zen is the only cross synth patch manager that let you organize things the way you seem to want, but in addition keeps the patches linked to the original sound designer, which is an important thing tmo.

Your idea to go about it seems cumbersome and leaves some things out of consideration, like people tend to have different categorizations for sounds (which Zen caters for). Maybe that's why nobody has replied here to help so far ;)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Here is a list of synths and related banks where I tried to organize the presets.
Important note: I'm not the creator of any of these presets I just tried to arrange them in proper order.

AnaMark:
- AnaMark V1
- AnaMark V2
- EasyMode
- Henning
- Mystar

Charlatan:
- albertodreams Retro Banks
- Alv Faria Banks
- Ghostwave Audio - Time Capsule
- Mr. B. Bojahr Bank
- Zorniko Classics

Helix:
- Factory Bank

Feldspar:
- Factory Bank
- feldspar 01
- feldspar 02
- feldspar 03
- feldspar 04
- blortblort
- doggy d
- goseba
- scott lake
- sound origins
- techtures
- tma

FreeAlpha:
- bigtone
- Frank van Haeven
- Vintage & Dance

Genesis-CM:
- Factory Bank

Kamiooka:
- Factory Bank
- AZ Bank

MauSynth:
- Factory Bank

MonoFury:
- Factory Bank
- J.Ruegg Bank

Oatmeal:
- Nolwenn Ann Bank 01
- Nolwenn Ann Bank 02
- Rebuild (AZ)

polyIblit:
- Factory Bank
- polyiblit

Synth1:
- bigtone
- Nolwenn Ann 1
- Mr. Wobble Zen

Voyager:
- Nolwenn Bank 1
- Nolwenn Bank 2

Xhip:
- Factory Bank

u-he
all presets that I know
for all the free synths

Podolski
TripleCheese
Tyrell N6
ZebraCM
Zebralette

pm me if you are interested in any of them and I can send them to you
or try to help me to get in contact with the original creator to make them publicly available (the patches, not the creator;)

This sounds like a massive task for... well, I don't really know what for. If you're spending more time organising presets than making music then something is very wrong somewhere. That time could probably be spent far more productively - learning how to program the basic sounds that you need for example. What kind of music are you making? Most genres stick to a relatively small range of tried and tested types of sounds. Learn how to make those basic sounds and you can endlessly vary them from track to track. You might find 200 bass presets in some big name softsynth but they will mostly be variations of very similar sounds.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Sound Design”