New Softube Mutronics Mutator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:Meh at this.. not even remotely interested nor even bothering to demo. I have the best filter plugin in the world already.
I'll second Theo's meh.

And I've already got the Drop on softube. Ho Ho Ho... :party:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

double post
Last edited by penguinfromdeep on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Not so impressed - especially with the price. I can pay top dollar for a plug-in if I think it's worth it but here I'm not so sure. Drop is so awesome and I really think Andys circuit modelling chops are state of the art right now, I think actually Softube need to step up their game if they want to keep up, mind you I own few of their plug-ins that I like (like the Summit Audio ones) but I think there's room for improvement and the competition has caught up.

jackson881 wrote:A $99 intro price and I would have bought it instantly. $200 is going to scare a lot of people away. Too many other great plugs.
Well, it IS 99$ for the intro price...

.... but 120$ more, for the outro price :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Endor-8o8 wrote:Softube fan boy here and not interested in that new product at all...why not emulating a new great piece of hardware like they did with Summi Audio or Trident ?
I wish they did an emu of a Distressor for example. I'll pass this one, already have my beloved Drop. I'm a bit disappointed by this release, it's been a long time since they didn't release something for the native format (VST/AAX/AU) and I wish they created something more interesting than this one.
There are already a bunch of great filtering processors, I just don't get the point here...They are pretty late on releasing that kind of product imo. :?

I must admit, i am a bit confused as to why the distressor seems to be the only high end much loved analog compressor that is not modelled by anyone yet. What is all that about? *EVERYONE* wants it as a plugin in.. can't theses devs see the dollar signs here? LOL!

UAD made a deal with Empirical Labs because they released the Fatso I guess, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on one .. But who knows ..
Maybe its super difficult to model right? And I mean it has to be spot on otherwise people will get angry.

penguinfromdeep wrote:UAD made a deal with Empirical Labs because they released the Fatso I guess, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on one .. But who knows ..
Maybe its super difficult to model right? And I mean it has to be spot on otherwise people will get angry.
I'd like to see an emu in native format, as a non UAD customer I'd
be frustrated. :D
But apart of that, like TheoM said, I'm surprised that there's no
"serious" dev who take a dive into Distressor emu even a "hidden" one...

So anyone has a thought on this new Softube's product here ?

Yes I did but I wasn't really impressed, sounds quite flat compared to Drop, with full resonance sounds quite wimpy for example. Of course they model different things but still...

penguinfromdeep wrote:Yes I did but I wasn't really impressed, sounds quite flat compared to Drop, with full resonance sounds quite wimpy for example. Of course they model different things but still...
The examples in the videos just don't click with me, not very impressed. I prefered Andy's mono saw modulations with the Drop... :D
Maybe (surely) there's something special with this unit but can't hear something that pleases me or that brings something special on the table. :neutral:

Endor-8o8 wrote:Softube fan boy here and not interested in that new product at all...why not emulating a new great piece of hardware like they did with Summit Audio or Trident ?
I wish they did an emu of a Distressor for example. I'll pass this one, already have my beloved Drop. I'm a bit disappointed by this release, it's been a long time since they didn't release something for the native format (VST/AAX/AU) and I wish they created something more interesting than this one.
There are already a bunch of great filtering processors, I just don't get the point here...They are pretty late on releasing that kind of product imo. :?
Antress did an emu, no idea how close he got
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Sherman Filterbank
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Sherman Filterbank
Have one... It's class, If you like that sound - Which I do. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Endor-8o8 wrote: So anyone has a thought on this new Softube's product here ?
Too expensive, not interesting enough and not as good as "the drop" FTW?

hibidy wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote: So anyone has a thought on this new Softube's product here ?
Too expensive, not interesting enough and not as good as "the drop" FTW?
No pulling punches here! :)

:hihi:

I haven't tried it.......I was just echoing the other users :D

Return to “Effects”