EQ Ducking / Sidechain

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well said Andreas i agree with wot he said it just takes all the fun out of it i have learned somethings on my own but if i wanted to know how to do something i just checked andreas effects simple

mutools wrote:Feel free to tell what you're really missing in the MUX docs. I mean: Info that is essential to know before you can use it and info that is not learnable by simply using and right-clicking the MUX user interface. Then i'll update & extend the docs where necessary.
It took me 5 minutes of clicking around to find the descriptions of the modules because everything is so scattered - a detailed manual would be much better, especially with an index!

That's why I like REAPER, there's a great 400+ pages manual with detailed descriptions of nearly everything - except most of the SWS extensions -, with exercises, tips, workarounds etc. There are even some commercial books about REAPER ("ReaMix", "Homerecording for beginners" etc.)

I haven't seen similar books about MuLab or MUX... :shrug:

When I have 1 or 2 hours of free time, I don't have time to search for hours in the docs, I want to use MUX to make music, not to experiment endlessly.

Tricky-Loops wrote:It took me 5 minutes of clicking around to find the descriptions of the modules because everything is so scattered - a detailed manual would be much better, especially with an index!
The index is here: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/
The "Modules" page is right in that index. So i'm amazed that it took you 5 minutes to find that.
When I have 1 or 2 hours of free time, I don't have time to search for hours in the docs, I want to use MUX to make music, not to experiment endlessly.
Ideally you don't need docs at all, and everything is self-explanatory. But that ideal is not realistic so that's why the docs are there. If something is unclear, pls let me know. I'll improve and extend the docs where necessary. They are the MuLab and MUX Modular wiki.

About modular synthesis: If you want to make music, i don't think you should dive too much in the modular deep, as that's something else as making music. For making music i would say stick to the presets and finetune them with the front panel controls.

If you do want to go deep modular, then a bit of background knowledge about sound and modular design is necessary. A lot of common knowledge can be found on the net, then the specific things about MUX Modular can be found in the docs. (else let me know) I think that whe you go deep modular, experimentation is often part of the game.

Last but not least: the docs are also complemented by the videos on the MuTools youtube channel.

Hope this helps, else pls let me know.

Hmmm... Jo, in MuSynth have you planed to add a zoom on the visual waveform so that we could work with more precision on it with the mouse? I haven't found any zoom in the local menu of the waveform...

The first instrument we have available when placing MUX VST in a slot of the rack, this first instrument is the "Basic Synth". When clicking on the button "OSC 1" we get a splendid zoom on the waveform. And... it would be very nice to have access to a zoom of this size in the waveform of the oscillators of MuSynth.

Agreed?

I don't know if this request has already been asked. If so... I beg your pardon.

EDIT: while I'm at it... I haven't found how to reload an instance of "Basic Synth" in the general menu showing the instruments when we have already chosen another instrument in that instance of MUX. It would be nice (unless I have missed the method) to add "Basic Synth" to the list of instruments in the menu.
:oops:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Hmmm... Jo, in MuSynth have you planed to add a zoom on the visual waveform so that we could work with more precision on it with the mouse? The first instrument we have available when placing MUX VST in a slot of the rack, this first instrument is the "Basic Synth". When clicking on the button "OSC 1" we get a splendid zoom on the waveform. And... it would be very nice to have access to a zoom of this size in the waveform of the oscillators of MuSynth.
I indeed have plans to further evolve the MuSynth. Will take your suggestion into account, i agree it's important to be able to edit the waveform with comfort. Atoh, i don't want to make the whole MuSynth UI too large so it will be about balancing, as usual.
It would be nice (unless I have missed the method) to add "Basic Synth" to the list of instruments in the menu.
It's there: Instruments -> Misc -> Basic Synth.

i was going to say wot jo said but he beat me to it

mutools wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Hmmm... Jo, in MuSynth have you planed to add a zoom on the visual waveform so that we could work with more precision on it with the mouse? The first instrument we have available when placing MUX VST in a slot of the rack, this first instrument is the "Basic Synth". When clicking on the button "OSC 1" we get a splendid zoom on the waveform. And... it would be very nice to have access to a zoom of this size in the waveform of the oscillators of MuSynth.
I indeed have plans to further evolve the MuSynth. Will take your suggestion into account, i agree it's important to be able to edit the waveform with comfort. Atoh, i don't want to make the whole MuSynth UI too large so it will be about balancing, as usual.
It would be nice (unless I have missed the method) to add "Basic Synth" to the list of instruments in the menu.
It's there: Instruments -> Misc -> Basic Synth.
In the Factory Presets!
:dog:

Basic Synth is so well done that I saw it as a real instrument... and had never had the idea to look for it in the factory presets!

And about the zoom... Ok, I wait patiently. A very large zoom, no of course, I think like you that it is perhaps not really useful. Just... say... a simple 200% in fixed invariant value without any other adjustment would be enough to have a comfortable surface for the mouse.
:tu:

And I saw (in my imagination) that feature as a modal popup window instead of a rework of the current GUI. But I haven't any idea of the complexity it generates in the IT code... It's sure that it must stay simple.
:oops:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

AndreasD wrote:you have to theoretically be clear of what you want to achieve. That means you have to invest and study your problem
Yes. I too find that I first must have that clear vision to take full advantage of the MuLab toolbox. Very different from the "shop for presets" approach elsewhere.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “MUTOOLS”