NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like how people who have not experienced any issues...yet....seem so smug about it like they've done something that makes them superior.........it appears more like random luck than anything else.... :hihi:

I think if you compiled the specs of those who have reported problems a pattern would emerge. I'm not doing the legwork for NI but the info is definitely obtainable....

For the record I like N.I. a lot :) But let's step back a bit and give a good look. How many companies could release a free plugin that:

1. Requires you to install a License Manager
2. Requires you to update your Graphics drivers

all for a simple delay that according to some is still buggy even if using the latest drivers and not get ripped a new one ? I can think of a couple of companies that would get slammed big time for such a move so it speaks volumes about NI's good standing in the community that there is very little dissent over this episode. It also speaks volumes about the quality of the plugin that people who are having problems are still sticking around in hopes of a fix. Many would have deleted it and been done with it by now if the quality wasn't that good.

I'm sure NI will have a fix after the Holidays........a good place to start would be getting rid of the I/O VUs....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't think you're required to update your graphics drivers. I'm sure there's loads of people who don't have problems, even with old drivers. It's usually the recommended procedure if you encounter problems, because the software has been tested on machines with the latest drivers. It's like "Give more information, i don't know what the problem is." :P That said, i'm a bit surprised too though that NI decided to implement some new graphics stuff in a freeware plugin which is supposed to be a marketing thing to make people buy their products. I mean, it's bad if many encounter problems with it. It should be stable to give a good impression of the quality of the other products.

chk071 wrote:I don't think you're required to update your graphics drivers. I'm sure there's loads of people who don't have problems, even with old drivers. It's usually the recommended procedure if you encounter problems, because the software has been tested on machines with the latest drivers. It's like "Give more information, i don't know what the problem is." :P That said, i'm a bit surprised too though that NI decided to implement some new graphics stuff in a freeware plugin which is supposed to be a marketing thing to make people buy their products. I mean, it's bad if many encounter problems with it. It should be stable to give a good impression of the quality of the other products.
Judging from some responses here, there seem to be a few that think updating the graphics drivers are really going to solve all of the problems with the stability of this plugin. I'd say unless you have something corrupted (which would be obvious in other software), are using a new GPU, or are years out of date, you will likely see no changes. Especially if using a GPU that has been on the market at least a year. It seems in the first year most of the performance and stability enhancements are really made. After that it seems to be tweaks for certain games or compliance upgrades for new O/S builds.

It is similar to a digital delivery support agent saying to check your SPAM folder when it doesn't arrive in the inbox. As if personal Inbox or SPAM folders are the only 2 possible options available to the end result of sending an email to someone. If it is in neither then you just divided by zero to them. :hihi:

But Teksonik, at the end of the day it is free. One doesn't have to use it.
So to slam it would in my option be equivalent to looking at a gift horse in its mouth. Quite frankly to me in would be ungrateful and part of the entitlement crowd to do so.
If it doesn't work or it is too much hassle.
Simple, don't use it. Wouldn't cost you a penny to do so or not.

If this was an update to a product that people paid for or paid for product, I would definitely understand that mentality in that scenario.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:But Teksonik, at the end of the day it is free. One doesn't have to use it.
So to slam it would in my option be equivalent to looking at a gift horse in its mouth. Quite frankly to me in would be ungrateful and part of the entitlement crowd to do so.

If this was an update to a product that people paid for or paid for product, I would definitely understand that mentality in that scenario.
rsp
Dude I'm not slamming it......stand down loyal NI Soldier..........

Stop. Take a look around. We're at KVR.....the Pope would get slammed if he dropped a buggy pluggy here............ :lol:

"It's free" doesn't really count if "It's Buggy"............capice ?

Again, I like NI..........A LOT........chill. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think we can all agree that this was a very nice gesture of good will by Native Instruments that unfortunately because of the stability of the plugin has backfired a bit and ended up generated at least some ill will.
I feel bad for NI because all they wanted to do was be generous (and perhaps get a bit of public beta testing of a new technology) and things just didn't go as planned.

But my point earlier was the fact that there isn't the slamming that would no doubt come to some companies that frequent KVR (who I will let the reader guess) says a lot about the respect that NI has around here. That's a good thing........... :wink:

Teksonik wrote:
zvenx wrote:But Teksonik, at the end of the day it is free. One doesn't have to use it.

rsp
Dude I'm not slamming it......stand down loyal NI Soldier..........

Stop. Take a look around. We're at KVR.....the Pope would get slammed if he dropped a buggy pluggy here............ :lol:

"It's free" doesn't really count if "It's Buggy"............capice ?

Again, I like NI..........A LOT........chill. :wink:
Lol
Yes Sir!
Standing Down :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

@ Teksonik: I really don't know why you so vehemently refuse to install a new graphics driver... i install a new graphics driver almost 2 weekly on my desktop machine, because i'm gaming much, and many games also require the latest drivers, there, we have it there also. It really shouldn't be a problem in 99% of the cases, while also in 99% of the cases, it can be very helpful to have the latest drivers. And if anything goes wrong, you can always revert to the driver which was working without problems. But then, it's your decision. :shrug: Btw, i don't think that there's loads of people with problems with this plugin either. You only get a selection here, which also reports the problems. I would guess most are able to run Replika without problems.

ENV1 wrote:And i have pretty much confirmed it in the meantime.

Try this:

- Open 2 instances but do not send any audio to them yet

- Set the In and Out sliders of the second instance to 0, (hard left), so there cant be any meter animation

Now send audio to both of them simultaneously. (The second one will obviously be silent.) There should be no crash. Now drag one of the sliders of the second instance to the right so the animation becomes visible. Send audio. The host should go down almost immediately.

(Second instance = the one you loaded last.)

So the meters do in deed seem to be part of the problem. Still there has to be another problem in addition to that since the meter issue does not explain the other issue where closing and reloading the DLL would lead to a crash since the UI doesnt even need to be opened for that to happen nor does it require the presence of a second instance.

edited for clarity
I am seeing this problem in EnergyXT2.7 on Win64. As long as the GUIs aren't visible together, both instances continue to function.

Image :hihi:

At this point I think it's important to just understand that there are issues for some and I don't think that graphic drivers are solely to blame. I have a hard time believing that every beta tester had the exact same graphics card, was totally up to date.

I would actually believe they DIDN'T test it first :lol:

they do not have friends with reaper.

or maybe no friends at all.

I have uninstalled it for now....

Waiting on a fix....

Oh, jordan rudess shaved!

chk071 wrote:@ Teksonik: I really don't know why you so vehemently refuse to install a new graphics driver... i install a new graphics driver almost 2 weekly on my desktop machine, because i'm gaming much, and many games also require the latest drivers, there, we have it there also. It really shouldn't be a problem in 99% of the cases, while also in 99% of the cases, it can be very helpful to have the latest drivers. And if anything goes wrong, you can always revert to the driver which was working without problems. But then, it's your decision. :shrug: Btw, i don't think that there's loads of people with problems with this plugin either. You only get a selection here, which also reports the problems. I would guess most are able to run Replika without problems.
1) Replika works fine on my computer (even in the crash cases). It is a great gift and sounds marvelous:)

2) I dont know if i am one of the few or one of the many, but upgrading my ATI drivers translates into BSOD's (even on a clean install) on Win7 x64 - i5, 2012 edition. Since I am also a casual gamer (despite the usual nags that my drivers are not up to date, everything works out fine, even with the most recent games), my preference goes to a stable system. This is an investment of about 800 euros, which to Southeastern-European standards (average wage 400, imagine), won't repeat itself soon. Software is legal - almost feeling embarrassed to make this point, but hey, welcome to this part of the world.

3) If a plug-in would fail to work due to uncompatibility, it goes into (when free) garbage, (when paid) money back.
Last edited by vstliefhebber on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”