Korg M1 Legacy, Release Time/ Reverb? Cant seem to get rid of?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

I just got the Korg M1 Legacy, its pretty awesome, however, it seems pretty complex, and i will have to go through the entire manual, as well as probably some tutorial videos eventually.

However, I'm wondering if somebody could give me a quick fix solution for my currently most prominent problem with it.

I cant seem to turn off the release time/ reverb on many of the instruments.. well I am not sure if it is the reverb or the release time, I just know this, when I go in what looks to be the amp envelope, and turn the release all the way to zero on all the sound sources, and I go into the effects, and turn all reverbs and delays off.. the sounds still ring out after the key is released, like there is still a reverb or release on it.

In fact the release paramater when editing the sounds doesnt seem to do anything at all to be quite frank.

Lots of sounds sound much tighter and more controlled with much lower release times, especially things like bass, the long release times on lots of the bass guitars and things of that nature in there make them practically unusable.. what am i missing?

Works for me. Remember, there are two sources in many *Programs*, so there are two release times to change.

In the easy page, for example, one will be highlighted, and one will be greyed, depending on which VDA EG button is clicked on (these toggle between the amp envelope for each source).

You can edit them both regardless of which is selected, as long as you can click on them (ie they are not overlapping too much), or just toggle them and change the release for each.

In a *Combi*, then this consists of up to 8 Programs, so you need to adjust the release for each program by selecting it in the combi list first, then changing the release time in the VDA envelope, for however many programs that combi has layered.

Also, check the FX for each patch, and in addition the Master FX for a combi, to turn off all reverbs.

thanx, i knew i was missing something, i couldnt see the master fx section.. that helped a whole lot.. thanks

Return to “Instruments”