'engine failed to connect' error message

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi:
I have the Native Instruments Komplete audio 6 (latest driver). When I use the ASIO driver I get clicks in the audio, so I have to use the WASAPI driver. Only When I do I get "engine failed to connect" error message (image attached) and the audio engine refuses to start!
System:
Dell XPS 8700 X8700-6877, Intel Core i7 Processor, 24GB RAM AMD R9 270, NI Komplete audio 6, Win 8.
NB: Same message went to support but users feedback is also appreciated.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by c-wave on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would like to add that when I get this error message I can resolve it by changing to the ASIO driver then back to WASAPI driver, but when I quit Bitwig Studio and then start it fresh, I am faced with the same problem again.. very annoying.
Anybody faced a similar problem?
NB: No software ASIO driver in the system, just the NI drivers from their web site. 2 more images attached.
This error happened on 1.1.2, 1.1.3 RC1 and RC2.
Please help.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Please check if your sampling rate (and buffer settings) are set to the same values in Windows' Audio settings. Setting it up with different buffers is one way to get this message.

I had problems getting WASAPI working with similar error message. I recall I had to switch off exclusive mode in device settings. It can be accessed via right clicking speaker in the task bar and drilling down to the right playback device. The exclusive mode is in the advanced settings tab on win 7.

Return to “Bitwig”