(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Obviously I meant 2015 in hex, which translates to 8213 AD. Your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren will love it.

Seriously though, it's still looking good for a beta soon, followed by a proper 1.0 release early (very early, hopefully) 2015.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Super.

:tu:

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

colin@loomer wrote:Obviously I meant 2015 in hex,
witchcraft !

14 days maximum to beta! This is exciting indeed.

pinki wrote:14 days maximum to beta! This is exciting indeed.
Minimum... :D
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I may need an extra few hours, so I'm not specifying which time-zone we're talking about.

In truth though, don't expect an upload as the clock strikes midnight: there will be some closed rounds of beta testing first before with a few reliable testers before it goes public in order to nail any obvious bugs I may have missed. And, more importantly, there is no way I'll be hunching over a laptop, coding, to welcome the New Year in (I hope!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh nooooooooooo,
now I am shure, we live in a loop

colin@loomer; Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 am
Aiming for a public beta this year; we're definitely on the home straight now.

two years later

colin@loomer; Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:03 pm
It's looking likely that I'll have a beta by the end of this year or thereabouts

colin@loomer; Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:04 pm
I may need an extra few hours

we have to wait another two years......
Located in the European Outback

As the thread starter......

Colin it seems to me the time is really now ...as in the next few weeks.

I think if it's got a few or even many bugs it's going to be OK with your audience....we LOVE your work. But the wait is insane, really bonkers to constantly keep the goalposts moving year after year. PLEASE share your wonderful work! :) :) :) We won't bite!

The (not so) funny thing is the original roadmap had the project being finished in about 8 months. Obviously, the scope and range of the product has changed massively since then - and I think you'd all have been disappointed in what that first cut would have been - whilst I think and hope what it is now will knock your collective socks off!

Pics or It Didn't Happen:)

I just hope it's not another "gas factory" as we say in France, something way too complicated for me. I'm eager to see how you managed to keep things simple.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Ahh, I see it is not (perhaps never?) too late ... so:

Loomer Vaporous!

It's all bug fixing and usability tidying now - no more feature development for v1 - so things are really looking good for getting it launched.

@stanlea - I don't think it's too complicated, but then I've used it so much it's now second nature to me. I've tried to keep it as simple as possible though: work over the past months has been focussed on honing and simplifying. Plus you can do a heck of a lot with just two modules - a sequencer and a MIDI output - and I think it's a natural progression for one to want to move beyond there by adding just one or two other modules between these. Before you know it, you have a 500 module uber-patch controlling 16 synths.

Each module also has a built-in help, always visible on the routing window, plus the user library will contain example projects for all the modules. I think at this point, it's as simple as it can be (but no simpler!)

Node based systems always appeal more to some and less to others. I don't think it makes sense to make them too simple, since then they lose their main point of being the one step before doing your own devices in code.

But yes, making it as clear and simple as possible without compromising functionality makes a lot of sense.
I've worked with fantastic nodes systems like the renderer/material system in project:messiah or Softimage XSI's ICE and with less usable ones I won't name here, so even in this realm there is a lot of room to either make it one of the most intuitive ways to do complex things or make it even more confusing than it actually is...

I hope Colin took the right exit ;-)

How's the plan with the demo/beta?
Will it be fully functional or restricted?
Will there be an introductory price/presale?

Sorry, if it was mentioned already, but this thread has been going on too long for me to remember ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Still waiting - never giving up hope ;)

Whilst Black Friday almost cleared me out, I'm holding back on upgrading Max to 7, as I feel this may be more what I'm looking for... fingers crossed for some sort of test release ASAP - 3 weeks of Christmas holiday left for me until work devours most of my time again.

Return to “Loomer”