Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gribs wrote:
Hans25 wrote:In general Musictech and Musicradar give almost everything top rating. The lowest rating I have seen was above average on their scales. Sound on Sound is more serious.
I have observed this as well. I prefer to read the words.

I have learned over time that Musicradar / Computer Music does give sufficient review to give me a good idea. I have also noticed that CM does not appear to be opposed to give low ratings to sample sets that are sub-par.

A similar thing works for Gamespot for me for games. The site's reviews are usually sufficiently in depth to help me filter out the stinkers from the closet classics.
Music Radar/Computer Music has never steered me wrong. You just have to read between the lines sometimes, but it's not hard to figure out what they're really saying.

less than 4 stars: forget it, it's crap, or, at the very least, there are much better options available (I love that they take this fact into account in just about all of their reviews). While on one hand, 3 1/2 stars may be seen as good, and overly positive, and miles better than a kick in the teeth, it's not really good according to their scale.

4 stars: it's quality, but with at least one rather significant drawback: price, counter-intuitive interface, a rather basic feature is missing, etc. and they always go into sufficient depth about that drawback, providing real life scenarios when necessary.

4 1/2 stars: it's excellent and you're gonna love it, and if you don't love it, there's something wrong with you, not it.

5 stars: a classic/must-have
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Effective January 1, 2015, the European Commission has changed the VAT rules. Downloads and electronic licenses will be taxed based on the country the customer resides, and not the country supplying these services (USA).

To avoid us collecting VAT for our award winning virtual instruments, we recommend ordering downloads and licenses before January 1, 2015.

To ensure you get the best discount possible, we are giving you a Gift Coupon that will take €80 off any EastWest product (for orders of €160 or more).

You can also apply the Gift Coupon to other promotions such as Buy One Get One Free, and Complete Composers Collection 3 to reduce the price further.

All of these special offers end December 31, 2014 plus VAT will be added from January 1, 2015!

This Coupon Code to be applied at checkout is: EWGIFTCOUPON80

Some Holiday Gift suggestions can be found here -

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/holiday-deals

Happy holidays!

Your EASTWEST/SOUNDSONLINE team

Hello Uncle E,

how that EastWest Sale (BOGO + $100) exactly work? I can find only the advertising in your shop but no further instructions. Thank you in advance!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Got a free goodies pack after signing up at ModeAudio, incl a selection of 45 patches for Massive, not bad :tu:

valerian_777 wrote:Hello Uncle E,

how that EastWest Sale (BOGO + $100) exactly work? I can find only the advertising in your shop but no further instructions. Thank you in advance!

I also want to know this. No matter which two EW products I put in the cart, the total is always the sum of the two prices. :(

yzcoruhT

djinsomniak wrote:Illformed Glitch 2 %50 off until December 31st!

http://illformed.com/glitch/

Now this is something I interested in. Was anything removed from V2 that was in V1? I know the big plus is now being able to run mulitple FX at the same time... has anything else drastically changed?
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:
djinsomniak wrote:Illformed Glitch 2 %50 off until December 31st!

http://illformed.com/glitch/

Now this is something I interested in. Was anything removed from V2 that was in V1? I know the big plus is now being able to run mulitple FX at the same time... has anything else drastically changed?
Glitch 2 doesn't have the MIDI learn capabilities of the original Glitch plugin, so you'll have to use your host DAW's automation system if you're looking to perform filter sweeps and the like. (http://m.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/il ... h-2-581491)

Thanks for that, I'll have a read in the morning.
Eternitysound VST Banks

MrFurious wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Hello Uncle E,

I also want to know this. No matter which two EW products I put in the cart, the total is always the sum of the two prices. :(
PMed him - hope he'll answered while the sale is active.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Thanks, V777, keep us informed.

stroker_ace wrote:
pekadan wrote:Ok, I have 2 very important questions for you:
1. For how long is AAS running their holiday sale, 50% off synths and sound banks, do you know?
2. In your opinion, which AAS VA-2, VS-2 and/or Chromaphone sound bank is a "must buy" during the sale?
1. dunno. if you really need to know, they're very quick and friendly with the e-mails

2. I'd scoop up all the Richard Devine libraries. That cat is on another level. And, fittingly enough, he's got a library for each of the 3 AAS instruments you've mentioned. I haven't heard his new one, Abstractions for VA-2, but Harmonic Geometry for VS-2 and Microsound for Chromaphone are both fantastic, and they're absolute steals at $19.50 each.

d/l the free "Swatches" sound library and the AAS player, if you haven't already. you can play/preview 8 patches from each AAS sound library, except the newest one, Abstractions.

Also, Chromakey from Audio Thing is an excellent Chromaphone library (it's my second-fave, behind Microsound), and it's very cheap (€12, and they've got a 20% off everything deal at the moment).

http://www.audiothing.net/patches/chromakey/

For €9.60, that's another steal!
Thanks a lot stroker_ace! Great info! Much appreciated! I sent them an email and learned the sale runs until 12th of Jan. I'm going to have a look at the Richard Devine libraries. I'll probably end up buying a couple of them. The other ones sound really interesting too. Checking them out as well for sure.

erikgyle wrote:Do you do gift certificates? My family has a hard time picking me presents, and if there was a way to buy one, I'd happily put it on my wishlist.
Thanks for asking! I'll add it by tomorrow. :)

Nspace wrote:Would love to see an offer of "47% off and receive automatic extra discounts in cart", from the regular $499 jump, for RX 4 Advanced upgrade from RX 4, Uncle E.
Is it somewhere in your stock and if that is so for how long?
I'm sorry, iZotope didn't want that to be included in the sale.

Uncle E wrote:
Nspace wrote:Would love to see an offer of "47% off and receive automatic extra discounts in cart", from the regular $499 jump, for RX 4 Advanced upgrade from RX 4, Uncle E.
Is it somewhere in your stock and if that is so for how long?
I'm sorry, iZotope didn't want that to be included in the sale.
no wonder, izotope, nuff said!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”