what are you waiting for?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote:My slightly revised OP:

I am waiting for Windows 10 as it will introduce additional multi-touch features for the apps. My new Music strategy is to plan my software and hardware to take advantage of multi-touch work flow for the DAW’s and VST’s and VSTi’s. The two leading DAW’s for multi-touch are Sonar and FL Studio.
But if the programs arent coded for multi touch there will be no difference under Win10, just the same as it is with Win7 and 8.

'Apps' only run under Metro, excluding you from the 'desktop' programs most DAWs and plugins are made for
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Completed (none beta) releases of PG8x and Dexed.
:tu: All is good

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:My slightly revised OP:

I am waiting for Windows 10 as it will introduce additional multi-touch features for the apps. My new Music strategy is to plan my software and hardware to take advantage of multi-touch work flow for the DAW’s and VST’s and VSTi’s. The two leading DAW’s for multi-touch are Sonar and FL Studio.
But if the programs arent coded for multi touch there will be no difference under Win10, just the same as it is with Win7 and 8.

'Apps' only run under Metro, excluding you from the 'desktop' programs most DAWs and plugins are made for
1. Yes if I understand you correctly, if applications are not coded for multi-touch they will not be multi-touch capable regardless if they run in Windows 7, 8 or 10. I am hoping that the additional support featured in Windows 10 may invite developers to release programs with multi-touch capability.

2. Let me understand this more clearly.
The new Audulus that runs as a VSTi or stand-alone in windows needs to run under Metro. What ever Metro means. I always thought the apps, applications and programs such as DAW's and VST's were the same thing. Please explain to me the situation as I believe I have the wrong picture of how things are. :help:

:ud:
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

synthmaster 3 and zebra 3.

A good sale on Vertigo VSC-2. I thought for sure it'd be on PA's Advent calendar, but alas it was not to be this year.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

A synthesizer like Bazille that uses wavetable scanning synthesis.
:borg:

The OP started on July 2012 and I like to revive it every year just to see if it was worth waiting for the dream software or hardware. Some of the items that I was waiting for were released to my delight. Others like Komplete 9 and 10 were disappointing. I removed some items because I lost interest in them or they would no longer be useful to my music creativity or workflow.

My current “I am waiting for” list

Windows 10

To make a new faster music computer or upgrade my current one.

Reaper 5

Bitwig Studio 2

iPad Pro, 12.5” diagonal screen and possible velocity/pressure sensitive?

iPad midi controller and synth/sampler apps. Surprise me!

S-Layer 2. I understand that it is being worked on at Twisted Tools and whatever else this innovative developer is contemplating.

Iris 3

Komplete 11 if anyone of the sixes are included: Absynth 6, Kontakt 6, Reaktor 6 if it can host VST’s and VSTi’s.

Pianoteq 6

komplete 100 with a one billion terabyte sample library of which i or the next 100 generations of my offspring that inherit it will never use 1/1,000,000,000ths of the sounds in it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Sytrus 2.
Zebra 3.

I'm waiting for a Buchla 200e to come free with a packet of cornflakes.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Predator 2
Strobe,Amber,and cypher 2.
Balinese gamelan update from soniccouture.
Tassman 5
Geist 2

Retina enabled scaleable interfaces on plugins my ageing eyesight now finds unusable (you know who you are .. cough .. Arturia ..).

The next Mac Pro.

Oops … double.

Waiting for money to buy more stuff :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”