Cubase 8 Mac ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

Can anyone please give me some in use opinion about cubase 8 on mac.

I really do not want opinions just actual experiences.

1.is it very stable.
2.are all major plugins working well (important are AIR, NI)
3.how is the latency working at low buffer size.
4.general overall performance

Also by any chance is anyone using push pxt general in mackie mode ?

Any help would be great.

All AIR plug-ins crashed upon initializing, and became blacklisted. NI plug-ins work fine (just updated a couple of days ago). This was in OS X 10.9, have to test yet in OS X 10.10, but I don't expect AIR plug-ins to work there either. They were always somehow unstable, and I think they still need some updates to improve behavior on the Mac.
Fernando (FMR)

well thats a bummer

AIR are working great in Ableton Live 9x and Pro Tools 11 :-(

topaz wrote:well thats a bummer

AIR are working great in Ableton Live 9x and Pro Tools 11 :-(
Pro Tools doesn't surprise me - after all that's where they come from. Live 9, OTOH, is a very unforgiving host, for what I hear, so, glad to know that. I expect they update them soon, to solve the incompatibilities with Cubase 8.
Fernando (FMR)

Have you tried sub hosting them in something like bidule, or patchwork etc ?
fmr wrote:All AIR plug-ins crashed upon initializing, and became blacklisted. NI plug-ins work fine (just updated a couple of days ago). This was in OS X 10.9, have to test yet in OS X 10.10, but I don't expect AIR plug-ins to work there either. They were always somehow unstable, and I think they still need some updates to improve behavior on the Mac.

topaz wrote:Have you tried sub hosting them in something like bidule, or patchwork etc ?
fmr wrote:All AIR plug-ins crashed upon initializing, and became blacklisted. NI plug-ins work fine (just updated a couple of days ago). This was in OS X 10.9, have to test yet in OS X 10.10, but I don't expect AIR plug-ins to work there either. They were always somehow unstable, and I think they still need some updates to improve behavior on the Mac.
No. First, I don't have those. Second, I would never bother to run that extra mile just for have some plug-ins working. They are working in 7.5 though, so, if I need them, I still have 7.5 to work with.
Fernando (FMR)

I used Cubase 8 Pro for a few hours during this weekend and it was very stable, but I used very few functionalities as I was sequencing and recording some hardware synths and using very sparse plugins. Maschine worked fine, though I used just for very basic dance pattern.

I can't comment on the other things since my session was very small (so I wasn't using much cpu power) and I don't remember the actual buffer size (I think it's set between 256 and 512).

The AIR VSTs all get blacklisted in Studio One as well, so I don't think this is just a Cubase issue. The AUs work in Studio One, but that doesn't help Cubase users.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered Cubase 8, I hope it's gonna be okay, haven't used Cubase for about 15 years.

I'm sure I'll be amazed just hope it's stable .

what's this space!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”