Art Pyrite - new synthesizer by Artvera

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Art Pyrite

Nobody tried a new bank for a free version ???????????
Alter Boy Sound expended energy to make it for users of free version - I think that he deserve some thank :?

Thanks, I have downloaded the set, and will check out later today :tu:

These patches are mighty fine, thanks :clap:

Good patches. I just tried to fit "Pad Deep Insanity" and Pad Glacier" to one of my ambient compositions. I'll purchase Pyrite when my credit card recovers from my previous Gear Acquisition Syndrome attack... :D I really liked H.G.Fortune's stuff, good thing there will be more similar synths to wait for even after sad news.

I wish there could have been a different way of selling it, dividing it up a little, like:

$30 for the plugin without soundsets, and then $10 for each of the three preset banks with 127 patches, would also be $60 in total.

Numanoid wrote:I wish there could have been a different way of selling it, dividing it up a little, like:

$30 for the plugin without soundsets, and then $10 for each of the three preset banks with 127 patches, would also be $60 in total.
Heeeeh, good idea for you but bad practicability and none joy and sense for me .....

I spent very much time to rework the whole engine of Golden Aset and to add other usable features. It was not easy to me to learn all possibilities in new version of SynthEdit especially when I was out at several years from any music creations because of my ill mum.
When I was back, I learned the scripting for Kontakt for the possibility to make some nice sound library like a memory of Tim Conrardy. Then I created Exposure and gave it for free.

I always looked forward to make nice sounds with any software (for example Wusikstation) and to offer them to users. I don't think that somebody could buy a empty plugin without sounds. I am very rigorous person and never I could offer any product created on half of way. I try to offer always best result what I am able to create. And created sounds are most important - at least to me - what I would expect from any purchased VST instrument. It is not my hobby to create any plugin in SynthEdit - my hobby is to create sounds for it. In addition do not forget that all three factory preset banks use one SF2 file with two internal sound banks, so it is not possible to offer each preset bank separately.

If I could not create sound banks for Pyrite and include them there directly, I never could create Pyrite.

I usually agree with Numanoid, but now I have to disagree.

There was some synth some time ago, I think it was Einklang, which was cheap, but to make it useful you needed to buy additional (sounds/wavefiles/something). If you bought necessary amount, it would have been very expensive indeed. This kind of splicing into parts is often done so that the purchaser is forced to buy more than he/she intended at first.

So I think Artvera's asking price is quite nice; it's half the price of big name synths.

After saying this, it's somewhat embarrassing that I've not purchased it yet; I need to wait my credit card to recover from by previous GAS attack. Next week, I hope... XD

It is perhaps priced high for being 32 bit only though. And these beauties would benefit greatly by the things that come with being 64 bit.

Love the synths, always watching and hoping for an updated to 64 version.
I know Guenter had mention he was exploring that too.
Would have loved to see a single brainstorm synth between Guenter, Vera, Boris, Daniel, & William.

Markku wrote:There was some synth some time ago, I think it was Einklang, which was cheap, but to make it useful you needed to buy additional (sounds/wavefiles/something). If you bought necessary amount, it would have been very expensive indeed. This kind of splicing into parts is often done so that the purchaser is forced to buy more than he/she intended at first.
I have to agree with you - I really do not like if I can run any software only if I am forced to buy some other additions for to make it useful. If customer buys synth Pyrite, he gets all sounds included in Pyrite + the possibility to use own sound files. Nothing more, nothing less. I plan to make also some additional sound libraries for it at small cost, so it will be on customers if they will want to buy them.

There are two groups of customers - the one group of customers uses original presets with their own SF2 files so they are satisfied only with factory sound banks.
Then is another group of customers - they do not have any time to create own SF2 files for it, they want quickly to compose music so they are glad when I offer them other sound libraries for their creativity.
Markku wrote:So I think Artvera's asking price is quite nice; it's half the price of big name synths.

I considered the price of Pyrite at longer time. Golen Aset + its sound libraries are at $70 if you buy each product separately. the Golden Bundle is at $50 (with discount). In addition it is older software even though it is still usable because I updated it already. Golden Bundle has about 50 waveforms moreover than Pyrite and Pyrite is a new product. So I wanted the price lower than $70 but higher than $50.
Markku wrote:After saying this, it's somewhat embarrassing that I've not purchased it yet; I need to wait my credit card to recover from by previous GAS attack. Next week, I hope... XD
Do not be worried ... you can decide anytime. Just do not miss small Christmas gift - it is for all customers of full Pyrite. I will stop this offering for it at end of January.

Compared with the HGFortune synths, the price is indeed a bit high - but that's Artvera's decision. When people won't buy it, she'll surely decrease the price... :shrug:

BBFG# wrote:It is perhaps priced high for being 32 bit only though. And these beauties would benefit greatly by the things that come with being 64 bit.

Love the synths, always watching and hoping for an updated to 64 version.
I know Guenter had mention he was exploring that too.
Would have loved to see a single brainstorm synth between Guenter, Vera, Boris, Daniel, & William.
I would love to make it also in 64-bit. Unfortunately all used modules for it are not available in 64-bit versions. Developers stopped their developing :(
So for this time such plugins are usable only with DAWs with support of 32-bit plugins.
For example Fruity Loops Studio works perfectly with Golden Aset, Pyrite and with all Guenter's stuff here on my Windows 7-64 bit.

Has anybody run these on a Linux/Wine system?

BBFG# wrote:Has anybody run these on a Linux/Wine system?
Free version at least works fine in Ubuntu 32-bit. As do HG Fortune's synths.

Markku wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Has anybody run these on a Linux/Wine system?
Free version at least works fine in Ubuntu 32-bit. As do HG Fortune's synths.
8) It's about time I pulled out my Linux Laptop and added these to it.

Well, here a question especially to BBFG and Tricky-Loops :

I received a few questions if I could make a new sound library for Art Pyrite only with sounds of Strings and Choirs. I want to begin to work on this sound library after New Year. If I would add this sound library like a special addition to Pyrite - the price $60 can be more acceptable to you ?
Of course all customers who bought Pyrite already, will receive the download link for it for free. Now I can not decrease the price because it will not be fair to current customers when they bought it already at current price. What do you think about this suggestion ????

Return to “Instruments”