Electric Guitar VST Instrument

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

What are the best, most realistic-sounding Elecrtic Guitar VST Instruments ?

It's for Rock/Metal

I don't just mean an amp, I mean VSTs like RealStrat etc...

Any help appreciated

:-)

Looks of interest.... website seems to indicate it's 32-bit only, though. :(

Vir2 Electri6ity it is clean samples taken direct from guitars. It has an ai that can play the neck so you can play a riff with one hand while you play the synth lead with the other. All articulations are covered, eight different guitars sampled. I use IK Amplitube with it for the amp and pedal simulation . It runs in the free Native Instruments Kontakt player. It sounds a lot better when running through Amplitube. The demo videos are using it's own amp simulation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3mUi7LPdU
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dman2014 wrote:Looks of interest.... website seems to indicate it's 32-bit only, though. :(
Sorry, it's true.

They state that 64-bit is coming soon, but don't say when it will be:
http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php ... sx_support

Otherwise you can look at Sugar Bytes Guitarist, which is more expensive.

Iron Axe sounds great and that's modelling no samples :o
I'm keeping an eye on that one. Feels more special to me when no samples are used and there's bonuses from not using samples like sound quality and velocity layers and so on.

I'm using Vir2's Electri6ity for all my Metal stuff (example):

https://soundcloud.com/progtronic/sets/mortis-metallum

I also recommend Impact Soundworks Shreddage 2 and/or Archtop.

Any opinions about or experience using Real Strat ?

I like the sound of Electri6ity but not the price :-(

Yeah, Electri6ity is a bit pricey.. but you get a lot of different guitars for the money.

Check out Shreddage 2:
https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/shreddage-2-demos

dman2014 wrote:Any opinions about or experience using Real Strat ?
Realstrat's sound and UI is excellent and it covers all the articulations, but bear in mind you do not have the ability to select the other four pickup combinations.

To see what Realstrat is capable off look for keytar Jeff on youtube.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

In VSTI form (no Kontakt library) IMO the best that I've found so far is Rob Papen's RG. Of course, it depends on how much "authenticity" you want... Kontakt libraries (the big names) sound the way they do after some serious tweaking and in conjunction with other plugins. You kind of have to know how a real guitar works and sounds, how to setup a guitar rig chain, and so on. Like I said, the only one that I've found with an acceptable (& fairly functional) metal tone "out of the box" is RG. Not perfect, but it will do the job for less intricate riffs.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I find the effects to be equally or even more important than the guitar. Granted, starting with a great guitar sample/model is optimum, but not necessarily what you may need exactly.
Just yesterday, while trying out the new NI Replika effect, I ran the AAS VS-2 'Jazz Guitar' preset though it and it really made it 'perfect' in what I was playing.

I too, get caught up in looking for the guitars that will be to my particular tastes, but every time I go through testing what I have through a range of effects am reminded that I probably have all I really need.

Try AAS Strum Electric; physical modeling not samples, so many presets & very tweakable; it has a keyboard split for R&L hand actions. Halfprice now; demo & videos at AAS site.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Not really impressed with the Rock and Metal stuff I've heard so far with any of the MusicLab instruments.. though RealLPC might have some potential in that regard. If anyone has links to some good Metal examples, done with any MusicLabs products.. let me know.

Another company to consider is AmpleSound. All their guitars are amazing.. particularly the acoustics. Though their prices rival Electri6ity's in most cases.

I agree for AAS Strum Electric GS-1. If you want a 64-bit excellent electric guitar emulation for Metal sounds, it's great.

Listen to the demos songs.

And currently (until the 31/12) it is at half price.

Anyway, for Metal sounds it is not the quality of the guitar emulation which is the most important, it is the quality of the effects and the choice of an adequate amp emulation. You can create awesome Metal sounds even with an emulation of an acoustic guitar!

Did you tell also what is your budget to not exceed at total? And did you tell also if you accept freewares?
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”