Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

congrats!

Awesome!

Nice one Moss! :)

I know it mentions that there are several issues in Device Mode in the updated Wiki, is pressing the in-button once to get to Banks one of these issues? (Asking as I'm getting a 'Please Select a Device Layer' message whenever I try this.. have tried in Device / Fixed and Direct).

One more thing... I'm getting a lot of lag and what almost feels like disconnection going on with this version. Not sure what's going on.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote:Seems it is time for a christmas present! Fully compatible now with Bitwig 1.1.2.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html (http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html)
Also see the updated Wiki documentation.

Enjoy!

Changelist:
  • Completely rewrote bank selection and navigation of devices (Ableton style)
  • Rewrote device selection (Ableton style) but has some open issues due to API limitations:
    • Devices are not correctly selected on the display if there are duplicates with the same name
    • Direct parameters might get screwed
    • Devices in a layer are not displayed with names (there are always 8 dummy names)
  • Drum pads in drum view now show mute/solo and active/exists states. To make this work the primary device needs to be the drum machine (which is normally the case).
  • Rewrote preset selection mode which makes use of the touch capability of the value buttons.
  • Long press User button to adjust the pad sensitivity. Also configurable in the script settings.
  • Frame mode (keep Master pressed) now follows selected panel layout and has additional options.
  • Shift+Browse toggles Browser. Toggling Inspector is now available in Frame mode. Pressing Browse now always enters preset selection.
  • Select+Shift+1st button row to de-/activate a track
  • 1st button on 2nd row in device modes dis-/enables device. Except in Macro mode.
  • 8th button on 2nd row in device modes displays VST window. Except in Macro mode.
  • In flipped Session mode the 2nd button row controls now the Scene starts (before it was the 1st). In that mode the Scene buttons now always control Mute or Solo.
  • Currently playing measure in Drum- and Note sequencer is now drawn in green.
  • Added 2nd mixed mode to Ribbon: Pitch/CC
  • Long press Automation button to bring up the Automation dialog which allows you to change the automation mode.
  • If the tempo or play position knobs are touched their values are displayed (and can also be changed with the knobs above them).
  • Bugfix: Lighting of Automation button is now working as expected
  • Bugfix: Mapping of macros is now only possible in Macro mode
  • Bugfix: Reset of crossfader setting not working (Delete + Touch)
  • Bugfix: Device parameter bank selection: 8th button was active but has no functionality.

Moss you are Santa Claus!
Thanks so much for the changes (specifically the Pad threshold/Velocity Curve).
I have only one problem though - I looked all over your website and did not find a "donate" button. You should put one there so that some of the people you help can donate a little bit for all the work that you put in ;) (I'd be one of them)

D1ofAquavibe wrote:I have only one problem though - I looked all over your website and did not find a "donate" button. You should put one there so that some of the people you help can donate a little bit for all the work that you put in ;) (I'd be one of them)
I do this for fun, therefore no donation button in place. However if you feel a christmassy urge there is always something on my Amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.de/gp/registry/wishli ... 1HG7E26_wb

taoyoyo wrote: I know it mentions that there are several issues in Device Mode in the updated Wiki, is pressing the in-button once to get to Banks one of these issues? (Asking as I'm getting a 'Please Select a Device Layer' message whenever I try this.. have tried in Device / Fixed and Direct).
Yes. If you are interestred in details I documented the in the Framework4bitwig issue tracker:
https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... bitwig-bug
taoyoyo wrote:One more thing... I'm getting a lot of lag and what almost feels like disconnection going on with this version. Not sure what's going on.
Should only happen if you are running multiple scripts at once. Bitwig has an idea what might be the problem with this. So there is hope that this gets fixed in 1.2 of Bitwig.

Hi Moss,
taoyoyo wrote: I know it mentions that there are several issues in Device Mode in the updated Wiki, is pressing the in-button once to get to Banks one of these issues? (Asking as I'm getting a 'Please Select a Device Layer' message whenever I try this.. have tried in Device / Fixed and Direct).
moss wrote:Yes. If you are interestred in details I documented the in the Framework4bitwig issue tracker:
https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... bitwig-bug
... Gotcha. I noticed a couple of the others mentioned as well.

There seem to be some other gremlins for the Bitwig to have a look at too as I've experienced these (in previous BWS and P4B builds:

1) Some plugins do not display some parameters on Push (i.e.: The Parameter Name is displayed but there is not a value shown below it... some parameters can be tweaked and move accordingly on the plug-in's GUI without displaying on Push, others seem to not adjust at all).

2) With the previous stable build of P4B I had built a 3 page mapping of NI's new delay freebie Replika... on some of the parameters (for example, 'Mode' and 'Mod') that I had added to Knob 1 on Pages 2 & 3 I would tweak these and Push would switch to Page 1 of the mapping. This also happened when using the Device UI knobs for these parameters so I'm assuming it's a Bigwig issue and not P4B (guess it's also possible it's an NI issue but I was able to use Push with Live and this did not occur).

... I was going to send Bitwig a bug report about 2), (will do that today).

taoyoyo wrote:One more thing... I'm getting a lot of lag and what almost feels like disconnection going on with this version. Not sure what's going on.
moss wrote:Should only happen if you are running multiple scripts at once. Bitwig has an idea what might be the problem with this. So there is hope that this gets fixed in 1.2 of Bitwig.
... Is this a new issue?

I only have the P4B script active and the Keyboard+8Knobs one (for an NI Complete Kontrol S25) and haven't come across this lag previously.

At one point I did have the Maschine4Bitwig and the KKS script running alongside P4B was experiencing a lot of issues, so went back down to the P4B and the Key+8 only, which did the trick up until now.

It sounds like there should be some good API-helping features/additions coming with 1.2, hopefully these will fix the issues I'm experiencing because your script is fantastic and can do a lot of cool things (I'm sure a lot more are planned :) ), just need Bigwig to catch up with your vision on their end (which sounds like is happening ;))

taoyoyo wrote: 1) Some plugins do not display some parameters on Push (i.e.: The Parameter Name is displayed but there is not a value shown below it... some parameters can be tweaked and move accordingly on the plug-in's GUI without displaying on Push, others seem to not adjust at all).
That's also already on the list.
taoyoyo wrote: 2) With the previous stable build of P4B I had built a 3 page mapping of NI's new delay freebie Replika... on some of the parameters (for example, 'Mode' and 'Mod') that I had added to Knob 1 on Pages 2 & 3 I would tweak these and Push would switch to Page 1 of the mapping. This also happened when using the Device UI knobs for these parameters so I'm assuming it's a Bigwig issue and not P4B (guess it's also possible it's an NI issue but I was able to use Push with Live and this did not occur).
Replika seems to be a thrown out Alpha version. It crashes straight away when I try to open the UI in Bitwig. But there are also several bugs in other hosts...

taoyoyo wrote: 1) Some plugins do not display some parameters on Push (i.e.: The Parameter Name is displayed but there is not a value shown below it... some parameters can be tweaked and move accordingly on the plug-in's GUI without displaying on Push, others seem to not adjust at all).
moss wrote:That's also already on the list.
That's really good to know.
taoyoyo wrote: 2) With the previous stable build of P4B I had built a 3 page mapping of NI's new delay freebie Replika... on some of the parameters (for example, 'Mode' and 'Mod') that I had added to Knob 1 on Pages 2 & 3 I would tweak these and Push would switch to Page 1 of the mapping. This also happened when using the Device UI knobs for these parameters so I'm assuming it's a Bigwig issue and not P4B (guess it's also possible it's an NI issue but I was able to use Push with Live and this did not occur).
moss wrote:Replika seems to be a thrown out Alpha version. It crashes straight away when I try to open the UI in Bitwig. But there are also several bugs in other hosts...
What OS are you on?

I know a lot of folk have been having issues with Replika (and it is using some new technologies) but so far I haven't had any issues except for this one in Bigwig (the GUI works fine for me in OS X 10.10.1), all working as expected in Live 9, Maschine 2.2.1 and Logic Pro X.

I have a little FR for Push4Bitwig:

With Push the Play button also functions as a Stop Button.

The current behaviour with this button and P4B is that when the user presses Stop the Playhead stops and remains at this position.

99% of the time I would prefer that on Stop he Playhead Returns to Zero (which is the same action as using the Space Bar) so that I can just hit Play and playback starts from Zero. (Currently, I hit Stop, then have to Double-Press again to get to Zero and the Press Play again).

Would you consider adding an option that allows for a toggle of how the Stop Button behaves (ie: 1) On Stop Playhead returns to Zero, 2) On Stop Playhead remains at 'Stop Position')?

Many thanks,

Alan

taoyoyo wrote:I have a little FR for Push4Bitwig:

With Push the Play button also functions as a Stop Button.

The current behaviour with this button and P4B is that when the user presses Stop the Playhead stops and remains at this position.

99% of the time I would prefer that on Stop he Playhead Returns to Zero (which is the same action as using the Space Bar) so that I can just hit Play and playback starts from Zero. (Currently, I hit Stop, then have to Double-Press again to get to Zero and the Press Play again).

Would you consider adding an option that allows for a toggle of how the Stop Button behaves (ie: 1) On Stop Playhead returns to Zero, 2) On Stop Playhead remains at 'Stop Position')?

Many thanks,

Alan
I think this is a bitwig issue and most people seem to not be fussed. It drives me crazy!

I also vote for the Return to Zero idea. Like in Live.

I don't understand the relationship with push and bitwig terribly well yet, but one thing that is bugging me is that if you have a track in record mode and the clips are obviously visible in red, what can't one simply hit it to start recording?

Seems like all your wishes come true for Christmas! Push4Bitwig 4.2 is released.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
Also see the updated Wiki documentation.

Enjoy!

Changes:
- New preference setting to return to zero when stop is pressed.
- New preference setting to display (or not) the crossfader parameter in the track.
- Bugfix: Clip recording did not start when pad was pressed if Bitwig was not already playing.
- Bugfix: When switching the ribbon mode from Pitchbend to CC the ribbon lights were not initialised correctly.
- Bugfix: Two green colors had the same value on the Push.

Thanks so much Moss! :)

Happy Christmas to you Sir.

Return to “Controller Scripting”