FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Is it stable enough to start writing projects in?

It appears to be, to me. YMMV however.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

You should probably use the AutoSave feature, it is beta after all.

camsr wrote:You should probably use the AutoSave feature, it is beta after all.
Good point!!
Barry

I wouldn't use it.
They recommend not to.
I started something but a crucial plug kept crashing.
also, new projects in 12beta wont open in 11.
play in 12, write in 11 until 12 is finalized.
..what goes around comes around..

Probarbly these Requests get addressed as their FL's weakest feauture
-Audio Warping.
-mic & MIDI auto channel find % place.
-simeulteneous multi- track recording.
-low latency

The Way FL studio handles audio is outdated.when you record a vocal or a midi track.FL STUDIO doesnt display a wave sinusoid and midi notes whilest recording.when you want to record through different mics it doesnt automatically position mics in a free channels and find the right settings for recording straight away.its a job and half recording in FL STUDIO!!! I need audio warping and i know many FL users have been asking for it.the Reason why PRO TOOLS and Cubase are studio standard not because they are truly special but because it takes less time to configure settings for recording and time is a major factor that counts for clients who pay for recording studio.i cant record in 24bit/92khz,im hoping ASIO GUARD 2 will be impleted for low latency audio recording and maybe even be able to record a mono signal without using Edison to convert to MONO and add unlimited Playlist tracks.

werp wrote:maybe because they aren't sure whether or not their ideas will come to fruition....
...because, without free updates, spruiking features in the next version kills sales of the current version. People hold off to get the next version, as the grass is always so much greener ;)

So, that's why we keep mentioning Lifetime Free Updates every time we show FL Studio 12, because many people really don't get/believe/understand that it means they can buy FL Studio any time and get all future versions for free.

The psychology of the usual sales model is strong with people :)

BTW: Here's a little fun, we believe the first native screen-recording at 4K ( 3840x2160 ) of FL Studio on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swq_0TFxi8M

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Probarbly these Requests get addressed as their FL's weakest feauture
1-Audio Warping.
2 -mic & MIDI auto channel find % place.
3 -simeulteneous multi- track recording.
4 -low latency
1. Indeed, it's on the 'to do'.

2. What do you mean exactly?

3. What in particular is a problem for you?

4. Every time we test FL Studio's latency against other DAW software on the same system and using the same plugins, we get the same result. Latency is mainly dependent on ASIO drivers and your CPU. Do you have an example for us to test?

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

1.It takes a lot more time to configure mic settings than to record.
2.if FL could edit audio in the playlist the way it does with Midi notes including pitch bend,Finding Elastic Audio & Audio Warping.
3.loop recording and multiple takes then choose the best audio recording.
4.display audio/midi events while recording.
5.plug-ins like Pitcher,Edison & NewTone would be more intuitive if they were embedded in the playlist for editing audio.u would have 3 section of editing audio with those different plug-ins and effects for audio,Time Stretching [Newtone],Pitch Correction [Pitcher],Audio Editing [Edison].its really hard editing audio in the mixer using an audio editing plug-ins.
5.in terms of latency i reviewed ASIO GUARD 2 drivers.so i wanted to know is it gonna be also implemented in fl studio or is it just only for Cubase trademark only.

Ok. Now there's only one more left. You know who you are. :dog:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:Ok. Now there's only one more left. You know who you are. :dog:

.-.
No worries...he just doing his thing. :shrug:
Barry

I need help deciding and your answers can save me a lot of time
and help me make the right choice.

Question:
Am I better off with FL Studio 12 or Battery 3 or 4 as a VSTi under S1 or Reaper or Sonar.
I make ambient, new age, space ethereal, experimental and free form music.
No or little percussion. I will use my samples of which some are short a second or two and others 20 seconds long. Some samples will be put on a loop.

Which will give me the most flexibility and most features.
Is there a comparison somewhere?

Since its experimental,new age,ambient music my best bet is to go for FL STUDIO.

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Since its experimental,new age,ambient music my best bet is to go for FL STUDIO.
A while back two different musicians, one used FL Studio and the other Battery but saying they used them but not in the usual way.

It would be nice to learn why one is preferred as in your case FL Studio. What each has and what each lacks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”