(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

koalaboy wrote:Still waiting - never giving up hope ;)

Whilst Black Friday almost cleared me out, I'm holding back on upgrading Max to 7, as I feel this may be more what I'm looking for... fingers crossed for some sort of test release ASAP - 3 weeks of Christmas holiday left for me until work devours most of my time again.
ha ha - I am a bit the same - spent more than my unemployed self should have this black friday - not regretting anything though (and not that much money really) - but 'the Epoch that can't be named' is potentially so high on my list that I will have to find the money somehow.

Hopefully I know this week if I am going to have any earnings next year - well, hopefully if I am going to, dismally if I find out I won't be ;)

Screenshots please Colin ;D

Go on, tease us!! Its Chrimbo. :D

treebeard wrote:Screenshots please Colin ;D

Rhymes on Limbo. Which we are in... :party:

And what will it be named?

firepile wrote:

ePoch ? :hug:
You can't always get what you waaaant...

firepile wrote:

Given the length of this thread and wait I'd say it has to be 'Epic'.

I've worked with fantastic nodes systems like the renderer/material system in project:messiah or Softimage XSI's ICE and with less usable ones I won't name here, so even in this realm there is a lot of room to either make it one of the most intuitive ways to do complex things or make it even more confusing than it actually is.
I think you've mentioned these before: I really needed to take a look to see which side of the fence my modular system falls onto.
Will it be fully functional or restricted?
Will there be an introductory price/presale?
Yes, there will be an introductory price. The plan is to have it available at a discount during the beta period, only rising to full price at the official 1.0 release. This won't be a hard cut-off, by the way: I will allow some leeway if someone misses the beta pricing due by a few days and asks nicely.

As it is, it's fully functional, but the evaluation can only open presets from the supplied factory bank. Currently there are no time-outs at all, and no muting or white noises bursts. One can evaluate it as long as needed, and even save anything they come up with, but it you want to use it in serious projects, you'll need to open the chequebook. This isn't set in stone, however: I may relax things during the first open betas if this proves too restricting. In my experience though, and due to the nature of the plug-in, I consider the factory presets more as tutorials and examples of how to do things, rather than a drop-in sound library, as such.

And whilst I have your attention: Happy Holidays to all.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks a lot Colin, that sounds awesome and well thought out.

This is the most anticipated product for me personally since Bitwig Studio. ;-)

Cheers and may you have a good holiday season as well!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I agree that nothing is more hotly anticipated in my studio!

Seasons greetings :D

I don't need to evaluate a beta version. I just need to know where to enter my payment info!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Checking every day for more news.

The suspense is killing me. :D

treebeard wrote:Checking every day for more news.

The suspense is killing me. :D

Looks like it won't happen this year either? Maybe next year then. :pray:

Been meaning to ask, is the former Epoch going to be available for 10.6.8 Snow Leopard?
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

Yes: you'll be pleased to hear that it runs on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. In fact, I still develop for Mac OS X on good ol' reliable 10.6.8.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi Colin, will it be possible to turn steps on/off using midi via lemur on the ipad?

I'm in a total step-sequencing depression atmo. Since updating the lemur app has left me with timing instability and months of template design rendered worthless. Looking at numerology brings out the green eyed monster in me.

Desperate for your project to arrive so that the fun can begin once more.

I beg you - send me a beta! sob, sob...

Return to “Loomer”