Is $125 for Waves CLA Classic too good of a deal to pass up?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It looks like it definitely isn't going to be in the cards this holiday season, the CLA bundle or the T Racks group buy. I'll have to save my pennies for this time next year.

I have the IK range too, to me the decision is slightly tougher, but in then end I think Waves wins out for me.

IK has nothing that exactly compares with all 4 plugins. They don't have an LA-3A equivalent or an LA-76 Blue equivalent, which I have heard are quite rare. Then there's the fact these compressors have contributed to large part or many albums over the years, so the sound they impart is possibly a familiar one in contemporary music.

Slate VMR is on sale for $150 right now

simon.a.billington wrote:I have the IK range too, to me the decision is slightly tougher, but in then end I think Waves wins out for me.

IK has nothing that exactly compares with all 4 plugins. They don't have an LA-3A equivalent or an LA-76 Blue equivalent, which I have heard are quite rare. Then there's the fact these compressors have contributed to large part or many albums over the years, so the sound they impart is possibly a familiar one in contemporary music.

but like i said, unlike the hardware, the waves miss the first attack on playback and after gaps in the audio. they need a guide ghost track to work properly. in other words, they are not good emulations.

waste of money.

probably just repackaged algos in the 3a and blue with gui change.

don't get me wrong, some waves plugins are indispensable imo...but not their comps, generally. (except c6).

That hasn't been my experience, when did you last try them?? Possibly just an earlier bug that has been since fixed.

It's the first I've heard or it in all these years to be honest, you would think others would have noticed it too. It's very unlikely a company like Waves would miss a detail like that.

simon.a.billington wrote:That hasn't been my experience, when did you last try them?? Possibly just an earlier bug that has been since fixed.

It's the first I've heard or it in all these years to be honest, you would think others would have noticed it too. It's very unlikely a company like Waves would miss a detail like that.
Ditto here, the CLA Classic stuff is excellent, for me with there is no contest, I have only just got into Waves stuff, and just a couple of weeks after getting the entire T Racks range through the group buy, lol, you live and learn. In a side by side test with an equivalent waves and T Racks product, using only my ears, is there any other way ?, the waves product won every time, just a better sound quality to me, and in the end that's all that matters, not what anyone else says or thinks.

I was happy with T Racks, until I tried out some Waves stuff, always was curious, but had read how the installation is convoluted, licensing was a pain etc etc, it was all a load of BS, at least for me, things couldn't have went smoother, not a problem, just wish I had took the plunge before I cleaned up with the T Racks group buy lol, live and learn.
Say NO to CLAP!

Have Classics Comps and they are great. Never got this problem too (I'm on V9), I believe it could be a bug fixed couple of versions ago.

P.S. Waves should add Distressor to the bunch!!!! :)
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Watching this come and go sucks, but it's given me the opportunity to delve into what I've already got that will work. Trying to "make do" with the C4, H-Comp, V-Comp, MaxxVolume, & L3-16 as tools for buss compression and/or mastering comp/limiting. I think I'm getting decent results with them this far, especially after digging in to the manuals and watching some tutorials (relying on presets wasn't really working very well.)

So when is the next round of Waves sales likely to happen? Valentine's day?

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

And just keep an eye out all the time, because they have something every week/weekend practically, it's worth keeping an eye on places like Plugindiscounts, they have pretty good deals, for buying just a single plug or single bundle you can usually get it a good bit cheaper their, but if you get multiple plug's it can work out just as good or better depending on the quantity directly from waves with the second - %30 off, 3rd - %35% off, 4th and above - %40 off
Say NO to CLAP!

DJMaytag wrote: <...>

So when is the next round of Waves sales likely to happen? Valentine's day?
If you are interested, subscribe to Waves newsletter, so you learn about sales by e-mail. Waves use to do sales very regularly and also attach bigger sales to holidays.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Check out Presswerk
:borg:

Waves Classic Compressors - is a must have and really good deal as I see it.

It's on sale at least 3 months a year in the different campaigns - wait for it.

Andy Gone wrote:If you are interested, subscribe to Waves newsletter, so you learn about sales by e-mail. Waves use to do sales very regularly and also attach bigger sales to holidays.
I"m on it and get their "deals" every weekend, but having been on it for over a year now, there aren't any groundbreaking deals until Black Friday through Christmas, or at least there haven't been any that I noticed in the past year.

Well, hopefully you are not expecting them selling Mercury for 50 bucks :) Depends on what you expect as 'groundbreaking deals' :)
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Return to “Effects”