Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Generating wavetables from acoustic instruments can work extremely well if you spend some time tweaking/adjusting the tables, this patch uses a wavetabled bass clarinet, demo played live in several passes - 1 patch - 100% Serum:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... a-rasa-for

Some planetary Serum music in the morning, somehow the waveform animation in Osc B is stuck in this preset, maybe/probably a bug, never happened before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zAvJYLcgE

You just don't have any shame about spamming, do you? Here's a little tip: Don't respond to a topic if you were the last person to previously respond to that topic. That's just plain basic manners man. There's a dedicated forum for selling sound sets. Use it, please.

TonyVegas wrote:You just don't have any shame about spamming, do you? Here's a little tip: Don't respond to a topic if you were the last person to previously respond to that topic. That's just plain basic manners man. There's a dedicated forum for selling sound sets. Use it, please.
Thank you Mr. Vegas for being another forum police officer, much appreciated!

Just unsubscribe from the topic, Tony. I for one want to hear what people are doing with Serum, be it commercial or otherwise.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TonyVegas wrote:You just don't have any shame about spamming, do you? Here's a little tip: Don't respond to a topic if you were the last person to previously respond to that topic. That's just plain basic manners man. There's a dedicated forum for selling sound sets. Use it, please.
Thank you Mr. Vegas for being another forum police officer, much appreciated!
I have to agree it's nice to hear from patchpool, but they have content and aren't disengenuous on the posts.

Why should we continue to turn a blind eye Greg? Why should he get to peddle his wares here when everyone else has to use the Soundware forum? Is he special? He outright ignores the rules, and shamelessly spams this forum and Gearslutz constantly. Nobody else does that. Anyone else would be too ashamed to do that. They made a Soundware forum here because of his abuses. But somehow he's excluded from the rules. Is he sleeping with the mods or something? I don't get it. But I do get that it's annoying and abusive and he ought to be ashamed of what he's been doing for so long.

TonyVegas wrote:Why should we continue to turn a blind eye Greg? Why should he get to peddle his wares here when everyone else has to use the Soundware forum? Is he special? He outright ignores the rules, and shamelessly spams this forum and Gearslutz constantly. Nobody else does that. Anyone else would be too ashamed to do that. They made a Soundware forum here because of his abuses. But somehow he's excluded from the rules. Is he sleeping with the mods or something? I don't get it. But I do get that it's annoying and abusive and he ought to be ashamed of what he's been doing for so long.
I have not posted much on Gearslutz lately, just have a look at this Serum thread, all sorts of sound designers have posted their demos, and even full release announcements over the last few months. So I have no idea why you are suddenly so upset with just me, enjoy your high blood pressure, but it's unhealthy to get worked up about things like this, if you don't like me, just add the mute button and voila.

Trolls got to troll.
TonyVegas wrote:Why does everything that comes out of this synth sound like 1.A robot convulsing, or 2.The soundtrack to a funeral. In fact, most of the funerals I've been to were more upbeat than the sounds you guys are making for this synth.
TonyVegas wrote:Anyway, they both suck. Wave tables are for losers. There, I said it. Next.

Greg Houston wrote:Trolls got to troll.
TonyVegas wrote:Why does everything that comes out of this synth sound like 1.A robot convulsing, or 2.The soundtrack to a funeral. In fact, most of the funerals I've been to were more upbeat than the sounds you guys are making for this synth.
TonyVegas wrote:Anyway, they both suck. Wave tables are for losers. There, I said it. Next.
Sure, but he gets a fit every few weeks, so it's a bit tiring.

He might be a troll, but he's right about you spamming, though I agree it's not just you doing it, it seems to be the workaround of choice.

"FYI There is now a dedicated Soundware forum for all soundware announcements and discussions (i.e. for patches / presets / soundsets / soundbanks), so please post soundware topics there."
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

OutCider wrote:He might be a troll, but he's right about you spamming, though I agree it's not just you doing it, it seems to be the workaround of choice.

"FYI There is now a dedicated Soundware forum for all soundware announcements and discussions (i.e. for patches / presets / soundsets / soundbanks), so please post soundware topics there."
Whenever you consider something as "spamming", just use the red report button and a mod will take care of it if he/she agrees with your perception.

Greg Houston wrote:....... I for one want to hear what people are doing with Serum, be it commercial or otherwise.
Simple +1.

Out of the numerous soundclips posted about Serum, very few grabbed my ear and interest in a pleasant way, and some of them were made by Simon Stockhausen. I'm certainly a bit limited, but its my opinion that sound and music sometimes speak more than just words in a forum related to musical instruments.fwiw.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

"
Sampleconstruct wrote: Whenever you consider something as "spamming", just use the red report button and a mod will take care of it if he/she agrees with your perception.
"

I have done before once or twice, but as you're still able to get away with it, clearly the moderators won't act, even if you are breaking the dictum above as stated by Ben Kvr.

But highlighting and dismissing the framing portion of your reply, it's not my perception that's questionable, but your interpretation and disregard of the forum rule that keeps you spamming your soundbanks.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Lotuzia wrote:
Greg Houston wrote:....... I for one want to hear what people are doing with Serum, be it commercial or otherwise.
Simple +1.

Out of the numerous soundclips posted about Serum, very few grabbed my ear and interest in a pleasant way, and some of them were made by Simon Stockhausen. I'm certainly a bit limited, but its my opinion that sound and music sometimes speak more than just words in a forum related to musical instruments.fwiw.

I love to hear the sounds too. But posting them as "You can Pre-Order my new presets now" every single day is cold calculating abusive spam.

Return to “Instruments”